Thread: Johnson River, DCU

Default Johnson River, DCU

Has anyone ever taken a boat, jet or mudd motor, up the Johnson River in Delta Controlled Use Area? If even possible, any insight on predicted water conditions during Aug would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I think your best bet would be an air boat. This is a steep gradient river braided into a million shallow channels. If it has been warm it will have lots of water but still lots of bars, if it has been cool than it has less water.

H2O
    Thanks for the advice, I have drove by the river many times but until getting drawn for DS203 I never had a reason to look it over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckup View Post
    H2O
    Thanks for the advice, I have drove by the river many times but until getting drawn for DS203 I never had a reason to look it over.

You my friend are one lucky SOB!

Yeah I know I almost fell out of my chair when I seen the list... I guess the sun even shines on a dogs ***** every once in a while

Default DCUA Regs for DS203

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckup View Post
    H2O
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news and this is the wrong place for this thread sort of, but DS 203 is the non-motorized sheep hunt for this area, "...closed to any motorized vehicle or pack animal for big game hunting....." Check the regs, no BS here, just hate to see you lose your boat or a friend lose his over something this well known. And trust me, someone would turn you in. It's walk-in for a reason. DS204, now that's another ball game entirely.

correct me if I'm wrong but the DCUA says "West bank of the Johnson river", that leaves the entire river corridor for motorized travel, does it not? PLEASE do not take my word but seek guidence from Fish and Game if you choose to travel the river.
    Maybe this should be moved to the Hunting Fourm.

Later

First time hunting the DCUA for sheep and I drew the DS204 late season tag for this fall. Planning on flying in around sept 6th - 13/14 from Delta. Anyone interested in going with me look me up. New to this site lots of good info. Open to recommendations as to what strips would be better than others but sounds like in this country you cant go wrong.
    Thanks