Thread: Looking for some info

Default Looking for some info

I have a few old gold pans and I got a sluice box for x mass with some new gold pans and a classifyer. My kids love the GOLD Feiver show they are ages 9 and 5 and they wanted to try to get some "color" is ther anywhere near by eagle river area that has a chance to get any color for them.. I am not looking to pull a oz out just get some thing for the kids to find and make them happy.

Any info or direction would be great..

Thanks,

MontHunter

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by monthunter View Post
    I have a few old gold pans and I got a sluice box for x mass with some new gold pans and a classifyer. My kids love the GOLD Feiver show they are ages 9 and 5 and they wanted to try to get some "color" is ther anywhere near by eagle river area that has a chance to get any color for them.. I am not looking to pull a oz out just get some thing for the kids to find and make them happy.

Any info or direction would be great..

Thanks,

MontHunter
    I would say go down and talk to the guys at Alaska Mining and Diving. They'll at least point you in the right direction.

I know for a fact that eagle river has gold. but you will have hike into the mountains on the old iditarod trail. Point Waronzof in Anchorage has gold too. The next two closest places would be hatchers pass and crow creek i believe.

good luck

John