Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowmachine registration..

Default Snowmachine registration..

In reference to the other thread where we were talking about registration. I had no idea that we were required to carry the registration (I usually keep mine in the truck). It turns out that we are required to carry the registration paper (I will take a photo copy of mine because it will get destroyed eventually). It also says we need to carry ID also, which I also don't always do. More crap to think about Only one of my machines is registered, but if they start getting active on ticketing I'll do the others.

http://touchngo.com/lglcntr/akstats/...Section040.htm

I tend not to carry my registration either. Machines are easy enough to steal as it is, no sense making it any easier by providing them information for a bogus bill of sale.

I carry mine in the small water proof pocket in my backpack, along with the insurance card.

i belive your only required to have registration if you ride places like turn pass
    Semper Fi!

Insurance...now that's a whole 'nuther topic I'm just going to laminate a copy of my registration and throw it in the trunk under my seat.

Nope. You are required (not that they enforce it everywhere) to have it registered unless the machine is operated completely on private property.

Quote Originally Posted by keh View Post
    I tend not to carry my registration either. Machines are easy enough to steal as it is, no sense making it any easier by providing them information for a bogus bill of sale.
    I Make a copy like Doug said for my machine and other toys Except I put VOID OWNER HAS ORIGINAL in black marker and keep the original in a safe place if I ever do need to show it .Just for the reason you said
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/asp/denalisnow.pdf

* Operating an Unregistered snowmobile, Failure to Display Snowmobile Numbered Registration Decal and
    Failure to Carry Snowmobile Certificate of Registration or Provide Identifying Information on all state lands are
    Citable Offenses in the State of Alaska.

saya it all

Man I hope they do not do that for atv's I'd go broke
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Doug, If all of your machines were registered there would be more money for trail grooming for trails like you were talking about the other day. It is nice to have these trails that connect areas together.

i prefer to run without as i dont like to give them another way to track me. you guys give up for freedom for fake saftey
    Semper Fi!

Whats a "registration"? :-)

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bend View Post
    Doug, If all of your machines were registered there would be more money for trail grooming for trails like you were talking about the other day. It is nice to have these trails that connect areas together.
    If those other machines ever left anywhere more than 5 miles from the house I'd think about it. Frankly, it's just another P.I.A. thing I have to remember to do and make it to the DMV. At which point I would be hassled for proof of ownership...which I doubt I even have anymore.

Sell a state wide trail pass online and I'd be all over it. I'd easily pay $100 a year for a family pass if I could do it online. It costs me $200 in time and fuel every time I have to go to DMV.

This is akjeff's wife Amanda-

[QUOTE=AKDoug;1085101]If those other machines ever left anywhere more than 5 miles from the house I'd think about it. Frankly, it's just another P.I.A. thing I have to remember to do and make it to the DMV. At which point I would be hassled for proof of ownership...which I doubt I even have anymore.

Amen! I agree whole heartedly!!
    P.S. we are amped about the ACL raincheck ride!

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    i prefer to run without as i dont like to give them another way to track me. you guys give up for freedom for fake saftey
    I like the way you think greyhorn!

Every time I see one of my legislator's I tell them to get rid of this failed system! Replace it with tail head fee that would go to the trail or a trail pass that would only be used on designated trails and all users, dog musher, skier, walker, would have to pay.
    Tim

I missed the other thread. The snogo registration program has worked great (flame away I have my flame suit on) and should be increased. The program has consistently generated 200k a year for snogo trails. Only once has the administration (under Murkowski) tried not to fund the program and the snogo community stood up and raised hell.

There needs to be a way to collect fees from other user groups, esp the non-motorized, that make no contribution to the trail systems or their maintenance. One way would be to add another box the the hunting/fishing/trapping license for trails. If you are on the trail and not on a snogo you have to have your 'license' with you.

The registration thing has only worked because it's a requirement when you buy a new sled. If it wasn't very few folks would bother. Essentially you are paying for the trail system in the more populated areas based partially on funds received from a great many residents that never see a benefit from the program. A trail pass, with enforcement, would put the load on the users of the trails where it belongs. When the troopers use the lack of a the actual registration paper on your person as a fee collecting exercise the whole process starts to wear thin on some of us.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    The registration thing has only worked because it's a requirement when you buy a new sled. If it wasn't very few folks would bother. Essentially you are paying for the trail system in the more populated areas based partially on funds received from a great many residents that never see a benefit from the program. A trail pass, with enforcement, would put the load on the users of the trails where it belongs. When the troopers use the lack of a the actual registration paper on your person as a fee collecting exercise the whole process starts to wear thin on some of us.
    How about something similar to what the ski club does here in Anchorage. They bring in hundreds of thousands of dollars annually in one town alone and it is all donations. No required fees or threats of tickets (therefor no need to spend money on enforcement), just users donating on an annual basis to help maintain the trails they use. I personally dropped $170 this year myself into the fund.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    How about something similar to what the ski club does here in Anchorage. They bring in hundreds of thousands of dollars annually in one town alone and it is all donations. No required fees or threats of tickets (therefor no need to spend money on enforcement), just users donating on an annual basis to help maintain the trails they use. I personally dropped $170 this year myself into the fund.
    My experience doesnt bode well for that either, For the last three years I have been grooming the trail from Alexander Creek into Fish Creek. My neighbor bought a Groomer from Ron at Deshka. He had the idea that it would be a "community groomer". Well we all know how that works out! The first year weekenders and residents would throw some money at me to help with expenses, But the last two years nothing.

It benifits me totaly to have a groomed trail because I have a frieghting business, but just once I would like to have a neighbor or a weekender stop by for the "community groomer" and say , hey neighbor mind if I give you a break and take a turn at it! Alaska used to be about the spirt of can do and respect for each other. Might as well be Seattle now!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast