Thread: Bear Fence recommendation...

Default Bear Fence recommendation...

Anyone have any input on a good bear fence for Kodiak? I've been looking at the UDAP brand and it seems like a good reliable lightweight option.

I have the UDAP, have used it in Unit 20 but I haven't been to Kodiak. It's a good lightweight fence, whole kit weights under 3 pounds and runs off a couple of D cell batteries. One note - when you run the 3 lines through the 4 corner poles, it invariably causes them to tilt inward - to offset this, I attached a couple of short paracord lines to stakes in the ground, and kept the poles upright. BUT - the lines were outside the fence perimeter - so if an animal was walking around the perimeter and tripped one of the lines, the corner post might fall, and your fence might not be online. Gonna try to work up a lightweight brace that keeps the corner poles upright from within the perimeter.

Good fence, worth the money in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter View Post
    I have the UDAP, have used it in Unit 20 but I haven't been to Kodiak. It's a good lightweight fence, whole kit weights under 3 pounds and runs off a couple of D cell batteries. One note - when you run the 3 lines through the 4 corner poles, it invariably causes them to tilt inward - to offset this, I attached a couple of short paracord lines to stakes in the ground, and kept the poles upright. BUT - the lines were outside the fence perimeter - so if an animal was walking around the perimeter and tripped one of the lines, the corner post might fall, and your fence might not be online. Gonna try to work up a lightweight brace that keeps the corner poles upright from within the perimeter.

Good fence, worth the money in my opinion.
    Thanks md.