Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boots made in USA???

Default Boots made in USA???

I'm in need of another set of boots, especially since I'm doing another Goat hunt, this time Kodiak. Anyone found a good boot that is made here? Everywher eI check it's Lowa, Meidl or some other company that they recommend. Last boots I had were Cabela's, made here, they were great, but finally broke down.

Lowa and Meindl are both good. I also like Danner. Not all of them are made in the US any more, but the Fort Lewis boot and the Canadian are. The Fort Lewis boot is available both insulated and uninsulated.
    We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

I have worn a pair of these on 4 Kodiak goat hunts and other stuff over the last seven years. Never slipped or fell and stayed dry until last year when the rubbeer cracked. SIzed right you can lace the anlke tight and get pretty good support.
    Seems like they were around $90 from a logger store in Sedro Wooley. Have`nt sen em around for a while but they were "MADE IN USA"

http://www.oldjimbo.com/survival/cb.html

I use the Scarpa Liskamm GTX. Best mountain boot made hands down in my opinion, but they're not made in the USA.

most boots aren't made in the usa anymore...even danners...heard good things about Hanwags from Lathrop & sons http://lathropandsons.com/catalog/index.php

or try Hoffmans in Kellogg, Id they have corked boots
    there's also Whites good luck

Kenetrek Mountain Boots, cant go wrong with these. I am not sure where they are made and the price for them is fairly regular with other quality boots around $380-400. You might get lucky and find them cheaper if you search. Best of luck with finding your boots

Danner's "stitchdown" boots are all made here- several models and all have the US Flag label. I use these everyday and like them a lot. I've also used White's and they're good boots.

For mountain hunting though I switch to Lowas...no comparison in the level of support between the two.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Kenetrek Mountain Boots 400 insulated or not...tried alot of boots...have saved me many times.

You wont be disapointed.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I don't own a hunting pair but Rocky Boots, Ohio made is a good starting point...Rocky MtnStalker Waterproof Insulated Hunting Boot at $211

I've been to the Rocky outlet in OH, but don;t know if they're made there, can;t find it on wesite. I know about the Lowa's and the others are great boots, just geeting to the point, well made in USA if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    Danner's "stitchdown" boots are all made here- several models and all have the US Flag label. I use these everyday and like them a lot. I've also used White's and they're good boots.
    I have a pair of Danner stichdown boots on my feet as right now and they are not made in America. Most of the Danners have switched to China recently. A real shame too. The Whites are about the best boot made for work but require a second mortgage to purchase

http://www.danner.com/catalogsearch/...ade%20in%2Busa

Here's the link to all US made Danners in their catalog.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

I have a pair of Whites Lineman boots that I had custom made in 1994. They are still the best boot I've ever worn, I've hunted, logged, hiked, worked, and just generally beat the crud out of them and they're still kicking.You can't go wrong with a pair of Whites.They're completely rebuildable, too. http://www.whitesboots.com/Edit:I have had them up in sheep country and they did awesome, and I just lent the last 7 years working at 10000+ feet in the Colorado Rockies ...

Default White's

I had my first pair of original packers stitched for me in 06 and never regretted it. But, for goat hunting as you mention, I would take a close look at the smoke jumpers. It's good to know there are still companies like White's who still employee craftspeople and make quality stuff.

I used to wear WESCO's ( West Coast Shoe Co) and thought they were the cats meow, but after wearing my packers, I like the White's better.

I logged in the High Sierras in norther California as a kid and my boss swore by Wescos... great boots, but I agree... I like my White's much better.

Edit:

It won't let me edit my previous post so here is the correct web page link for Whites:

http://www.whitesboots.com/

Whites are good boots as are Nicks, also made in Spokane.
    My last pair of Whites, bought last June cost $300 on sale at Big R.
    Whites list them at $432.
    I had one of my pairs rebuilt last year, cost $210. 3rd and last rebuild on those.
    I get about 2 years between rebuilds. Been wearing them since '78.
    I wear the 400v, they have double stitched soles. That's what blows out on mine first.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

Just called Rocky, always liked their boots, asked the girl. With a despressed voice she said China. Guess I have to find a new duty boot to buy next time I need some as well, sucks to, I love the boots I have on. Like to look of whites so far, also like being able to sort Danners by Made in USA.

I know you really want a made in USA boot, but the fact remains that no U.S. company (that I know of) makes a real mountaineering boot (the kind you need for goats) European companies are the leaders in mountaineering boots. Scarpa, Lowa, Kennetreks and Meindles are some of the best out there, all made in Europe. In fact, our own U.S. military uses Lowas in some units.

maybe not goat equipment depending on where you are going - but Russell Mocassin are made in USA - but they are a leather boot.

Custom made Whites and Russell Mocassin. Both are on the high end of price, but they will last forever. Completly made in the USA. I have found it hard to get American made products also. Sitka really upset me with thier answer to me about why they are not made here I will not wear that gear!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast