Thread: Impressive trailer...

Default Impressive trailer...

While browsing youtube I found this very impressive setup...

Edit; Moderators, just noticed the contact info at end of vid. If this constitutes advertisment feel free to delete thread.
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

These walking beam systems are seriously sexy. These resemble trailers in the yard at AMDS, but I have never looked at them close up.

Last I checked what is sold at AMDS is the ATV Wagon. They are not a walking beam system but a torsion axle system. The front tires are connected via an torsion axle independent of the rear tires (similar to a tandem axle snowmachine trailer), but it is not a walking beam. A Walking Beam is where the front tire and rear tire on one side are connected via a beam. There are several variations and designs (insert imagination). But ATV Wagons are NOT walking beams.

The walking beam axles are the way to go in rough terrain. You can drop the front tire in a hole and the axle will flip over and actually walk the trailer out of a hole. I have one we made and it is sweet and actually rides very smooth even without springs or torsions. Kinda spendy to make, but worth it in the long run.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Griz
    Iam thinking of builing one 48"(out side of tier)x 60" for my 6x6 Boss How big is the one you made? do you have a pic of it?
    I was going to put stops on it to keep the tiers from flipping over so i can make my sides wider out over the tiers to help keep some of the mud from flying up and gitting all over but I might have to rethink on it

Quote Originally Posted by jbswasilla View Post
    Griz
    Iam thinking of builing one 48"(out side of tier)x 60" for my 6x6 Boss How big is the one you made? do you have a pic of it?
    I was going to put stops on it to keep the tiers from flipping over so i can make my sides wider out over the tiers to help keep some of the mud from flying up and gitting all over but I might have to rethink on it
    I can't get a pic of it cuz it's buried in the snow now. We still have to make the aluminum tub for it and for now just have a rubbermaid tub on it. Had to do that to use it for hunting last fall. When we actually finish it, it will look very much like the one that iceman posted here.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Been a minute or 10 since I was in greatland but I believe that they had walking beam assemblies that you could buy and install on your own hubs. Very cool idea! I may try a set on my rubbermaid tub at some point.

Trailer Craft has all kinds of hubs and axles. One of the nicest designs I have seen was using a horse watering trough as the cart and a homemade axle system. The horse trough had a locking lid so the entire thing could even float if need be.

If you can find hubs that are the same as your ATV, and use the same size tires as the ATV, you have spares. Also make the trailer the same width as the ATV. As long as the ATV goes between the trees, the trailer can too. Also "A" the front part to the hitch and not a "T". Trees bounce of of the A but the trailer stops on the T. Does that make sence.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012