Thread: Steelhead lures?

Default Steelhead lures?

I know that most guys on here fish steelhead using fly gear. Anyone do it often using hardware? Any success? What to use? Enjoy fly fishing alot but few things beat buzzing a spinner for silvers. Violent strikes! Would be a blast for steelhead I would think. Maybe?

Try a little cleo spoon, they are great for steelhead. I have used them in Kodiak and on the Anchor River and done very well!

On the great lakes tribs we get um on all kinds of hardware,,,kwikfish, rapalas in trout patterns, vibrex and mepps spinners,,, and I agree with mgh55 little cleos are great. Honestly, I do best on beads under a float.

good luck

Cool, thanks guys! Any specific colors or sizes of these lures?

Any color as long as it is silver, or silver and green! Use any color you want to try!

kwikfish in all silver and silver and pink rock,,, rapalas in trout, sliver and black, or a darker color gold and black depending on the day. Work um slowly. These don't fall into the hardware category, but 3 inch pink berkley powerworms and maribou jigs will catch a lot of steelies too.

In the right water a jig under a float is hard to beat for steelhead (trout) Last fall I found the Silvers here react to a jig the same as those in Washington. Bobber down!