Thread: Homer Fat Bike Fest this weekend 2/24-2/26 + Surly Moonlanders

Seward, AK

Default Homer Fat Bike Fest this weekend 2/24-2/26 + Surly Moonlanders

Thought I'd give a plug to the big fat bike festival happening in Homer this weekend. More info here:

I won't be able to make the drive over, but I had the pleasure of demoing the newest and fattest bike out there yesterday with my buddy Karl of the Seward Adventure Company. Karl will be at the festival and will be renting these out to people interested in doing the 16 mile beach ride or the snowy trail rides they have planned (location TBD based on conditions, naturally...)

The Surly Moonlander is a sweet ride. It felt strong and sure footed like a regular mountain bike- except that its February and I was riding up the snowmachine-packed Lost Lake Trail. We probably had to walk the bikes up about half the trail to the cabin, but the downhill was 100% fast action, I tell ya! All those little hooies in the trail that the snowmachines make on the flat sections make you feel like your on a bucking bronco- in a good way! On the steep flat downhill sections you could open up and really haul. If I had an extra 2k laying around I'd be compelled to pick one up - though I think Karl's got lesser ones available for like half...still not in the market this winter unfortunately . If you cant make it to Homer this weekend but still want to try a fat bike you can look him up & see what he's got going on. Karl will get you on one of these- he's very enthusiastic about the fat bike and now I can see why!
    Attached Images Attached Images