Thread: Changing Avatar

Default Changing Avatar

I've tried to change my avatar, but for some reason it wont let me uncheck the no avatar selection. Anyone else have this problem?

That's a "new member" restriction. Once you have 15+ posts and a month has lapsed since you signed up, you'll then be able to change your avatar, send private messages, and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    That's a "new member" restriction. Once you have 15+ posts and a month has lapsed since you signed up, you'll then be able to change your avatar, send private messages, and such.

Good deal. Thanks.

How is the Eagle River area? Moving to Alaska at the end of this year and hopefully I get Fort Rich and not Fairbanks.

I really like Eagle River - especially as opposed to Anchorage. You'll be close to Anchorage, but in a much quieter, more friendly setting. You still can't hunt out your back door, but there is excellent hiking and such in Eagle River. Some folks prefer the Palmer/Wasilla area due to some larger lots and closer access to hunting or trapping, but you'd have to be willing to spend an extra 30-40 minutes driving each way to work - much longer if it's snowing.

so the new member restriction is why my picture isn't up on my avatar? (I think this is my 11th post)?

is this also why I can't figure out where to add a signature? (12th post! getting closer!)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesjq View Post
    is this also why I can't figure out where to add a signature? (12th post! getting closer!)
    Looks like you got it figured out, eh James? At 17 posts now, I can see your avatar.

Yeah, I just needed to pull my head outta my 4$$. I was playing with my profile picture, which is different than my avatar, that cleared it up.

Kinda cheesy I guess, but this post will get me to 15.

Thanks for the heads-up Brian. I am not new to this site; I think I've been a member since 2009. BTW, I have always admired your avatar- very cool. Being a dad is the absolute best thing I've ever had happen in my life. I totally get what I see in your photo.

Thanks for the kind words, sir. I've thought about changing my avatar as the infant in that picture is now almost four years old, but man...I love that picture.