Thread: sci

Smile sci

Late question: Anyone have any info on the SCI banquet and events this week? Specifically I am looking for hours of the bear hunting seminar and any other seminars thanks
    “I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. “ Fred Bear

Sollybug,

You can check it all out here: http://www.aksafariclub.org/banquet/...quet-seminars/

Randy

Do you have to purchase banquet tickets to attend the seminars?

thanks. It looks like the seminars are on Saturday. So whats on Friday? It said free admission on the radio..
    “I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. “ Fred Bear

You do not have to buy banquet tickets for the seminars. They are totally different. The seminars are a service and during the day Saturday and the banquet is a fund raiser and the doors don't open until late afternoon.

Randy

Alaska Chapter
    Safari Club International
    Hunting Expo and Fundraising Banquet

Friday Feb 24 & Saturday Feb 25, 2012
    Dena’ina Convention Center
    Downtown Anchorage – 7th & G

Join us for two days of Raffles & Auctions of Fishing trips, Hunts from around the World, Fine furs & jewelry. Over 65 fine firearms to be raffled. Huge display of taxidermy with animals from all over the world, and a Photography contest.

Friday Feb 24th FREE Open to the Public Doors open at 5:30pm

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Room 1:
    9:00 AM to 4:00 PM - Bear Hunting by Joe Want

Room 2:
    9:00 AM to 12:00 PM - Join NRA-ILA Alaska State Liaison,
    Brian Judy and SCI Deputy Director of Governmental
    Affairs, Nelson Freeman as they lay out the ABC’s for
    a Sportsman’s Victory this fall. If you are interested in
    your gun and hunting rights, join us for this informative
    seminar to see what you can do to make a difference.

1:00 PM to 3:00 PM - Intro to Hunting by Alaska
    Department of Fish and Game Staff

Room 3:
    9:00 AM to 11:00 AM - Gear Clinic for Alaska’s Diversity
    11:30 AM to 1:30 PM - Big Game Hunting In the Lower 48
    2:00 PM to 4:00 PM - Dreaming of Africa: Planning Your
    African Safari

4:30 PM - Banquet Hall doors open to public
    No fees for any of these seminars – no reservations needed, but RSVP recommended as seating is limited.

Saturday Feb 25th Dinner - Advance Ticket Purchase Required
    Dinner Tickets $80 ea Doors Open at 5:00pm
    Purchase online at www.aksafariclub.org, or call
    Susan Grasser at (907) 980-9018
    Have your credit card information ready.

Corporate Sponsor Tables available Now!
    Three levels, $1850, $2750 or $2650 or $4250
    Includes dinner for 10, advertisement in program!
    and in four issues of the quarterly newsletter,
    plus other great benefits.
    Contact Eddie Grasser eddie@aksafariclub.org
    or call 907-841-0358

For what it's worth, I have never been able to attend Joe's entire bear seminar, but the parts I've seen give the impression that it would be well worth it to spend the day learning bear hunting from the man.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

I emailed the lady in charge of the seminars and have a seat reserved for the bear hunting seminar. Should be awesome!

I attended Joe Want's seminar today and it was well worth my time. I appreciate the time and effort he took to share his experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Boud'arc View Post
    I attended Joe Want's seminar today and it was well worth my time. I appreciate the time and effort he took to share his experience.
    we stayed efor all the semiar. my son and me learned alot wish there was a video. we had met him last fall bit didnt know who he was. lots of good information. thank you to the website for making th e information available.
    wes

I attended as well and learned a ton, not just about bear hunting but hunting in general. Lots of little things that I never really thought of that will make a huge difference. I would love to sit down with Joe and listen to stories for hours, he is a gold mine of information!! I too appreciate all the time he took to share his knowledge! It would be awesome if he could do a seminar on sheep hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by AaronP View Post
    I attended as well and learned a ton, not just about bear hunting but hunting in general. Lots of little things that I never really thought of that will make a huge difference. I would love to sit down with Joe and listen to stories for hours, he is a gold mine of information!! I too appreciate all the time he took to share his knowledge! It would be awesome if he could do a seminar on sheep hunting!
    I was told he volinteers his time and SCI and the hunting education part dnr sponsor the seminar. someone said he does do one on sheep hunting but i'm not sure where. anybody know whrer or when. thxs a bunch.
    wes

I felt the same way. didn't matter what species he was talking about,csharing forty years of hunting and guiding experience makes for a great seminar. kinda wished the seminar was around a fire with a cold one though........