Thread: Melozitna River

Default Melozitna River

Approximately across from Ruby on the Yukon is the Melozitna River. Drew a permit for DM812 which is in 21C. You can reach it by running up the Koyukuk then hitting the Dubi, or run up the Melozitna which is a huge short cut.

Anyone run up the Melozitna? How was it? How far did you go?

The Melozi has a canyon not too far up from where it dumps into the Yukon. I know there are folks who have run their boats up through it, but it can be very difficult. From what I've heard, you basically need to be very proficient with running your boat through whitewater, and it probably would also help if you didn't care too much about your boat, because the chances of beating it to hell are good. The Eastern/Southeastern boarder or DM812 runs along a ridgeline (for lack of a better term) that seperates the Melozi from the Dulbi. You can't get to the Dulbi from the Melozi via boat. They are seperated by, at the closest, like 8-10 miles or so.

Thanks. After looking at the permit boundries I see what you are talking about. Did find a UTube video and it also shows some white water and it looks pretty difficult to get up even in a sport jet. To far from home to take any chances

joshuatoth

We had been there but we did only swimming. The scenery is **** beautiful. If you want to know the route see this link 'http://yak.spruceboy.net/labels/melozitna-river.html/melozitna-river'

Bathroom Remodeling