Thread: Delta Bison Hunt

Default Delta Bison Hunt

I was lucky enough to draw a cow bison tag this year. I was wandering if anyone had any suggestions or if anyone has any info on any of the farmers that i might can get in touch with.

F&G will send you a list,I'll check and see if I still have mine
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Your too new to send a P.M email me rogera@mtaonline.net
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Shultz
    Black
    Peterson or Petersen

From my experience those are the three best farms. Shultz is on this forum ~ grndthunder or something like that.

If your hunt goes long, like March or so, let me know as there is a great spot to get them that tiime of year after they've started migrating.

Good luck
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

The Schultz farm for 2012/2013 will probably not be avalible. Mrs. Schultz drew a tag. Thats just my 2 cents. I drew one in 2010 and shot it on the 1408 fields. I would say call every farmer you can and be nice and do everything they ask you to do. Good luck, its a great hunt and hard work once that trigger is pulled.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

I agree with tlingit warrior,
    Shultz
    Black
    Peterson or Petersen in that order, but depends on where the animals are when you are there.

When you get your list of landowners and phone numbers from ADF&G, I suggest you make some calls and introduce yourself this summer. Most won't give any permission unless you are actually in Delta and actively hunting, so bring the phone list, your cell phone, and good maps that you've studied so you can have a better chance of gaining quick access to the land you see the bison actually standing on. I enjoy the thrill of the prep for a hunt almost as much as the hunt so I took most of the landowner names and phone numbers and wrote them right on the map parcels for quick reference while hunting. It really helped once we got to Delta and started spotting bison. Enjoy yourself! This is a unique and special hunt. Congratualtions!

Default Schultz Farms in 2012/2013

The Schultz farm for 2012/2013 will probably not be avalible. Mrs. Schultz drew a tag. Thats just my 2 cents. I drew one in 2010 and shot it on the 1408 fields. I would say call every farmer you can and be nice and do everything they ask you to do. Good luck, its a great hunt and hard work once that trigger is pulled.

FYI: Schultz Farms will be available to hunt bison for the 2012/2013 season. I will take the tract I want, but I was taught to share, lol. I am not greedy, I know what I want and what I need to do. Now whether or not I get the job done is a whole nother story! The Panoramic fields (1408) is a good place to hunt, too. Congrats to you on getting yours. I hope I will get mine.

Diana Schultz

hook1212 - Congrats on your permit!!! You can sure call me, my name is Diana Schultz #895-4865 we own a farm. I will try and answer your questions. I am excited but it has not sunk in yet. I will get giddy over my permit once it is in my hand - then look out" I will be over-flowing with emotion!

Pretty lucky, good luck.

Thank you all for the great info.

Default for those lucky in the Delta draw

All u lucky folks need to listen to these farmers Like Diana! I truely believe she is half Buffalo! She knows them better that F&G! Congrats to all and yes it's alot of hard work and not a sure thing! But man do they taste yummmmmy!!!!