Thread: Any One Been Up The Steese Lately?

Default Any One Been Up The Steese Lately?

Just wondering if anyone has been up there lately.Went up there today and only saw about 7 moose and 50 or so caribou,some of which will be really nice trophies this season. No birds at all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 700sps View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has been up there lately.Went up there today and only saw about 7 moose and 50 or so caribou,some of which will be really nice trophies this season. No birds at all!!!
    Yep. Ran the pup a few weeks back. Bird sign, but no birds. Saw hundreds of caribou. Not sure if the bou are pushing the birds around. Its possible I guess. We saw caribou nearly every spot I expected, and have found birds in the past. It was tough on the dog with caribou running around every where.
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans

I'm not thee yet... Where exactly is the Steese at? When I try to look it up, I just get the Highway.

it is a highway..

Lmfao!!! Fail!

Quote Originally Posted by jjthefett View Post
    i'm not thee yet... Where exactly is the steese at? When i try to look it up, i just get the highway.
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Went up there today. Snowed a few days last week there, 6 or 8 inches total. Lots of trackless country there today. I got up as far as mile 65 / Cripple Creek. Saw 2 moose, and a bunch of burned up spruce, not much for diversity. Glassed all over. Saw nothing except a couple pine grossbeaks and a raven packin' a lunch. Hungry country...

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by joefish00000 View Post
    Lmfao!!! Fail!
    We're going to have to wash out your mouth with soap joefish.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.