Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Prop Boat Gathering

Default 2012 Prop Boat Gathering

I know there is 2012 jet boat gathering. What about a prop boat ? I and maybe others have a new boat or just want to get out and work the bugs out of winter storage . I for one have a USED New to me 24ft Bayliner I want to take out mid April early May if possible out of Whittier. If you are interested drop me a P.M or post here would like to stay out for an overnighter but would be up to a day trip. Never had my boat out yet bought it this fall had it rewired and new engine dropped in this winter.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I am always interested in meeting up with other boaters. My work schedule has me jammed up until about mid May so I will probably miss this, but I will keep an eye on the thread and if I am available I will be there.

There are always a few guys going out of Whittier on the 15th of April for the shrimp opener, assuming there is any place to park a boat trailer in Whittier after all the snow.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

No reason you briny types shouldn't have you own get together! I am sure that there are more than a few who would like to have other friendly vessels about for the 2012 maiden voyages.

Roger, I should have the boat dug out by then. I've got a little wiring work to do this spring and should be running by then. As it gets closer, I'll start checking the weather reports and figure out a good day to hit the water
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

That sounds good !Because of my business I'm only able to get out April,May then have to wait till Sept. My schedule is open everyday till June. Sucks I bought this boat last April and had to wait a year to go out Motor that was in it was shot so the fellow I took it to his house burned down and I knew that came first before my engine. So the wife and I are so ready to go not sure if she will go out on the maiden voyage LOL

One of the best weather days I had all last year was the last weekend in Sept. You can boat on into the fall as well, just not as much to do other than drive the boat and maybe shoot deer. I will be hitting Whittier at least once in May for sure, even if its not a huge group gathering I would be happy to show you around a bit. I will keep my eyes on this thread.

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

The wife and I will be up to it. Been telling her for years I would like to raft up and visit people.
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Sounds good! Looks like we might have a nice little gathering Wife will be happy to have another women to talk to

As soon as I can get my boat dug out, cleaned up and warmed up I'm going to be taking the First Mate out there to enjoy the beauty of the Sound. I'm not too particular if there's much to do--it is just too beautiful to pass up any opportunity!

Well, we can't make it for the opener, but we are planning on heading out on that next Friday morning, 20th, and stay until Sunday. We would love to raft up and meet other boaters...
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by robbentler View Post
    Well, we can't make it for the opener, but we are planning on heading out on that next Friday morning, 20th, and stay until Sunday. We would love to raft up and meet other boaters...
    That sounds good I know the 7,8 or 9th April we are headed to Clam gulch to go clamming did so good last year going to try again

Of course with all these big Kingfishers and Hewes I might feel a little "inadequate"
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskanmutt View Post
    Of course with all these big Kingfishers and Hewes I might feel a little "inadequate"
    I feel the same way when I tie up next to a Glacier Craft or similar....

Guess that means we will have to stick together

John and Rob, remember to put out decent sized fenders. That gelcoat is a royal ass pain to to get out of aluminum!

I will be out there as soon as the lot clears in Whittier.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I'll just bring the wifes cats and tie them between the boats. that should work.
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

I'll just bring the wifes cats and tie them between the boats. that should work.
    Hope she doesn't read these boards!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Nope she doesn't read them.
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

But I am also not smart enough to not cut and paste the thread to her.......

Curiously her only comment was "Funny about the gel coat off of the aluminum."
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Now that there is funny stuff. I'll try and make it as well. Good idea to meet a few more fellow boaters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast