Thread: favorite 460 Rowland loads?

Default favorite 460 Rowland loads?

I just picked up my 460 Rowland XD conversion from WWG last friday and while I was there i got two boxes of Corbon 230gr FMJ . Sometime this week I'll head out to the range and burn thru the factory loads and will have 40 cases to reload.

I would love to hear what kind of loads are working best for other folks. Do SWC have any feeding problems? Are any bullets causing leading problems?

Hey Norm, I don't have anything to tell you load wise, but I have 3 boxes of the Corbon 230 FPPN. I don't have my Rowland conversion anymore and don't need them. Shoot me a message if you're interested in them.

NormK Here is a site with some loading info
    http://www.realguns.com/loads/460Rowland.htm

I also have some brass both new and once fired if you are interested. Drop me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcaustin View Post
    Hey Norm, I don't have anything to tell you load wise, but I have 3 boxes of the Corbon 230 FPPN. I don't have my Rowland conversion anymore and don't need them. Shoot me a message if you're interested in them.
    I tried to send you a PM, but it looks like you aren't able to receive them yet and I'm not sure how long the waiting period is before new members can get messages. If you are willing to meet up someplace in downtown Anchorage, I would be glad to give you a reasonable price for those boxes Corbon 460 Rowland.

You can email me at norm1220@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by akraven View Post
    NormK Here is a site with some loading info
    http://www.realguns.com/loads/460Rowland.htm

I also have some brass both new and once fired if you are interested. Drop me a PM.
    Thanks for the link, I actually have that one bookmarked and it seems to have the best info out there. Based on the data from that site I have decided to go with Hornady FTX 200gr bullets and 12.4 gr of Power Pistol. This should give me about 1450 fps.

LOL... Since these loads will have the polymer tip I may have to call them "Critical Moose Defense" rounds.

NormK you have a PM