Thread: Denali from Paxson

Default Denali from Paxson

I am looking to make a trip from Paxson next weekend on the Denali and looking to see if there are any trail reports for this area.

last i heard they are grooming the denali hwy is being groomed and the road riding is awesome! send denalisnow a pm and she'll be able to let you know the road conditions...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

It's been groomed from the Cantwell side all the way to Alpine Lodge as of last week. Cruz Construction will be pulling out, if they haven't already, and the good grooming will stop. However, up until a week ago, there wasn't much of a good trail to the McClaren Lodge from Alpine Lodge. I've heard the trail is good from Paxson to McClaren.

Groomed all the way now! Alan groomed from Maclaren to Alpine 3 or 4 days ago, so I went down there and had lunch! So at this point, the entire highway has been groomed, and has a lot of snow!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

I just got home about an hour ago from a weekend on the Denali, and while I rode in from the Cantwell side, yesterday I went about 10 miles past Alpine Creek Lodge down towards Maclaren. As Claude mentioned, the road in that direction is groomed and in spectacular conditions. With a groomed trail and 20 degree daytime temps, February riding simply doesn't get any better.