Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whos getting ready? Airs a warming.. soon its bear time

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default whos getting ready? Airs a warming.. soon its bear time

just placed first order of the season...i like to spread it out a tad... so who else is gettin ready?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Your first order from Bait em? I'm still undecided if I'm going to bait this year, but need to make up my mind soon!

Six feet of snow on the ground..... no not even thinking about starting.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Vince are you carrying Bait em this year again in your office?

Default good season for baiting

this year should be a great year to bait some blackies. with the whole 4-25 brigade deployed thats a lot of military hunters that will not be participating this year. im very excited to hear of everyones success and hunting stories!!-

Quote Originally Posted by tfaudree5 View Post
    this year should be a great year to bait some blackies. with the whole 4-25 brigade deployed thats a lot of military hunters that will not be participating this year. im very excited to hear of everyones success and hunting stories!!-
    Don't count your chickens yet! Some of us 4-25 guys know when to pick our R&R leave. I'll be home some time in May hoping to bag another black bear, this time with a custom built 35 Whelen. I won't have the time for baiting, but I'll still be out hunting 'em.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

ahh you are lucky! im headed back in july but wont be in alaska. when we get back in october i am starting to build some tree stands and getting everything ready for spring baiting season. good luck to you brother. shoot one for me

I'll try! I'll be using a cub in distress call to see if I can lure one in. That's what did the trick last year. I haven't gotten into baiting yet. I figure I'll wait until I ETS and have a little more time. by the way, The bear I shot last year was in July. It hadn't gotten into the fish yet and the meat was amazing.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Vince, I won't be back from Aghanistan until early May so I'm not sure if I'm puting a barrel out yet. Just let me know if you need me to take some off your stand.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AKHunterNP View Post
    Vince, I won't be back from Aghanistan until early May so I'm not sure if I'm puting a barrel out yet. Just let me know if you need me to take some off your stand.
    well heres the deal mr you'll be back just in time... if i dont get feeling better... I will borrow YOUR back, and you can sit in the stand!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Sounds like a deal
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Will be in Louisiana April-May... So no baiting this year, for me...

I'm not coming home for R&R until Aug so the bears get a free pass this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Will be in Louisiana April-May... So no baiting this year, for me...
    DANG john.. was really hoping you would be around for some calling this spring... no one makes that " whaaaa waaa Whaaa" sound better then you...

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    DANG john.. was really hoping you would be around for some calling this spring... no one makes that " whaaaa waaa Whaaa" sound better then you...
    Oh kind of like that squeel you make when you have that ball in your mouth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

Enjoy the video this is what folks in Fairbanks do and hey Vince love the dancing you did towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Hahaha....that's good.

Yeah Vince has a few good ones everynow and then considering I met him once and talked to him a couple of times.

One of Vince workers doing his weekly show in North Pole
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2spUJk1Xm8&feature=pyv

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Yeah Vince has a few good ones everynow and then considering I met him once and talked to him a couple of times.
    speaking of... you still owe me my bail money back

meet on face book here

Too funny. I've been scouting the high country for likely grizzly spots in April. Just a good excuse to get out and ride my snowmachine.

Doug, if you want a partner for a weekend I would be up for tagging along. Don't really care to shoot a Griz but would love to back you or your boy up and help skin/haul. All I really want this year (aside from a ram) is to get my oldest boy on a black bear provided he can prove himself at the range between now and season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast