Thread: browning .22

Default browning .22

MY Father just died and left me a belgium .22 pistol from the 60's #53741us, Not that I would ever sell her- just wondering if any of you guys may know the value. She is in good condition and has a gold trigger.
    Thanks,
    Goo

Sorry to hear about your father.

Without a photo or model description it's hard to say what you even have. Browning had a few rimfire pistols that were made in Belgium.
    Now what ?

You may have a Browning Medalist but you havent given much to go on. Try google images for the medalist and see if thats it.

Nomad, Challenger, Medalist, or International Medalist. Nomad does not have a slide stop and black plastic grips. Challenger has a slide stop and Walnut grips. Medalist has slide stop, Walnut grips, heavy barrel and a walnut "forend". International is just a variation of the Medalist. Nomads and Challengers came with 4" and 6" barrels.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

I'd like to know as well . . have an old Belgian Challenger with a 6" barrel, basket-weave holster and belt. Good shape but well-used over the years.

Attachment 57605
    This isn't my pistol, just a photo I picked off the Web. Mine's just like it. The site had this one listed for $850 . . looked in real good condition.

Gunbroker usually has a couple laying around. Check the completed auctions to see how much they actually sell for, and in what condition.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."