Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 20a Ferry Trail management area why?

  1. #1

    Default 20a Ferry Trail management area why?

    20a has "note" 8 that is the Ferry Trail management open to caribou hunting by permit only (DM827 I assume). All of unit 20a is D827 for resident and NR so why is there a Ferry Trail management area?

  2. #2

    Default

    Easy access throughout the zone.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3

    Default

    I got that, but why make "8" area draw for bou (DC827) when the whole unit already is?

    I think it is split out because of travel restrictions but regs saw bou draw?

  4. #4

    Default

    Without limitations, why would hunters ever venture further into the backcountry than needed? Just a SWAG, but I think it is intended to limit the numbers/hoards of hunters from concentratiing in easily accessible areas and spread them out. It has multiple advantages, as it makes for more opportunities for transporters and air taxis to benefit from it as well. Otherwise most would just go in with ATV's and make their kills.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •