Thread: Interesting Draw Results

Default Interesting Draw Results

A buddy and I noticed a couple things today while looking at the draw results. These may have been export issues on the .csv file from F&G' database.

draw results.png

Nothing really that strange. A couple folks hit AL instead of AK the rest are probably either military stationed outside of college kids off at school.

I may be wrong, but I think you only need to be a resident by the opening day of the hunt. Don't quote me on that though. Or just what Lujon said above. Clearly, the two from North Pole and Wasilla were just a typo when entering (picking Alabama instead of Alaska from the drop down menu).

Obviously you should call the troopers.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Nothing really that strange. A couple folks hit AL instead of AK the rest are probably either military stationed outside of college kids off at school.
    Dang, wish I had some kids to send to school in Alaska . Oh well, probably cheaper in the long run with guided hunts!!!!!

I got it figured out! If you mess up your state or information on your draw app then you get drawn! I'm screwin mine up next year for sure.
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Chinese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post
    Dang, wish I had some kids to send to school in Alaska . Oh well, probably cheaper in the long run with guided hunts!!!!!
    You could send kids up here. Have them establish residency and hunt with them as kindred guides for the animals that require it. Perfectly legal as long as they play by the residency rules. On the flip side, if an Alaskan kid leaves to go to school in the Lower 48 that kid can retain Alaskan residency for hunting and the dividend if they intend to return to Alaska.

A year of college up here will cost about the same as a guided hunt for a brown bear or dall sheep. If you can get those kids on scholarships it might be the way to go

Lujon nailed it. Military in my case. Can't do much when they force
    you to leave.