Thread: Application Fees for Drawing Permits

Default Application Fees for Drawing Permits

I was looking at the the Drawing Supplement and comparing the number of bison permits awarded vs. the number of applicants for the six different hunts (141 awarded to 23,032 apps). At $10 per entry it generates quite a lot more money compared to any of the other species. Last year it generated more than $1,600 per permit awarded; with the bulk of that money coming from the two Delta hunts ($195k of the total $230k).

With that said, why do you suppose the application fee is twice the amount of every other drawing hunt except muskox (it's also $10)? I'd assume that administrative fees are about the same for every drawing hunt application. Where do these dollars go? Is there a special bison program or study that requires extra funding?

Its exactly what you said to generate revenue they know it is probably the most desired tag in Alaska and lots of people are going to pay.. they could jack it up to $20 bucks and still have the same number of people apply after all what is 20 bucks for a once in a lifetime opportunity?

Some states with wild bison charge $2,000 or more so consider yourselves lucky $10 bucks is a drop in the bucket! You do get your money back if not drawn... Say what you have to pay the tag fee up front yep... Again consider yourselves lucky...

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Some states with wild bison charge $2,000 or more so consider yourselves lucky $10 bucks is a drop in the bucket! You do get your money back if not drawn... Say what you have to pay the tag fee up front yep... Again consider yourselves lucky...
    you get your money back if not drawn? bull**** you do

Release Lake Trout

Calm down and relax. Perhaps he means in the other states you get money back. Plus there are folks who have never drawn in 20 years. I don't hear them crying.

33 years and not a bison tag. Trust me I'm crying!!!!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Now that is a little rough 36 years for me, but then again I haven't been applying all those years either

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    you get your money back if not drawn? bull**** you do
    Jesus you have some serious anger issues... But I was referring to other states they refund your money, since you are paying for the tag up front.

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    Calm down and relax. Perhaps he means in the other states you get money back. Plus there are folks who have never drawn in 20 years. I don't hear them crying.
    Pay 1500 bucks shoot one off one off the 2,000 acre ranches in delta. I don't even bother putting for those tags.

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    Now that is a little rough 36 years for me, but then again I haven't been applying all those years either
    Huh u been putting for bison tags since you were a new born baby?