Thread: ok guys good and bad

Default ok guys good and bad

first off do to the wife have lung cancer issues she couldn't ride last year do to wind cold air and such
    so i sold off these
    DSCN1586.jpg
    for this with all hopes it will allow her to go play again
    305d269d-a322-4cb7-8d9e-3d54b9c64293.jpg
    the cab comes in 3 weeks but will pick it up today for our 29 aniversary
    so now for you guys with side by sides what do i need know except i can no longer go
    between trees that are 4 feet apart and does anyone have first hand knowledge with the prowlers

Heater in the cab? Would you benefit from better tires where you go? Hard or soft cab? If hard cab, will it require stiffer springs? I prefer six tires but these are all things to think about with any side by side.

thanks elan tires not really cab is hard plastic so weight is down but it does have adjustable air shocks and heater i have thought about for her but for starting out i have little buddy heater if i need to they do offer one for it though

Sounds good. Couple things on the buddy heater. That sucker will get hot enough for sure but make sure it won't melt any plastic. Or you either! Are you planning to use the heater when moving? Because I believe they have a switch on them that shuts down when it tips and/or falls over. Might present a problem if using it when driving.

I've ridden in a couple of SxS rigs with full cabs...you'll want earplugs or muffs. The engine between the front seats will get significantly louder with the top on. The Prowlers are a nice ride and I hope you and your wife enjoy it alot.

I had a Rhino (similar to the Prowler)- be proactive get a good winch and ground anchor if you're going to a treeless area and an assortment of straps, rope, come-along etc. Mine went very well and it wasn't very easy to stick with careful driving but when it stuck- it was significantly harder to pop out than a conventional ATV.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Elan your right about the tip over switch and i don't know how far you can tilt it ( if an issue i may have to engineer something out of a car rather then pay almost 600 for the AC one )
    and hodgeman i had wondered what the noise will be after the cab goes on and i did save all the goodies from the wheeler anchor all all the add on winch stuff i have collected and sense we picked it up just goofing here in the yard on snow banks it seems nice and stable and actually does better then i was thinking it would and the wife all bundled handled a little goofing well and has a big smile on her face so maybe it will do just what i got it for

happyalaskan-
    they go surprisingly well...I too was surprised when I got my Rhino. The big problem comes when you bury it to the frame and the entire skid plate is riding on the mud/dirt/snow. That's a lot of "mire factor" to overcome with anything not as equally heavy. I pulled a Polaris Sportsman into a hole with mine. We finally had to turn it 90deg and pull with a strap attached to the front and rear of his machine- still pulled him a long way before I finally got out.

Sounds like you've got all the right pieces and parts though and the bulk of it can be overcome with good sense and driving ability. Hope you guys have a ball!
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit