Thread: Koyukuk Moose late tag

Default Koyukuk Moose late tag

Hey fellas my buddy drew this great tag for the late hunt on the Koyukuk and we are in need of some logistics help. I know about Charlie Green seems he is a stand up guy in Galena so we are gonna call him. I was wondering if anyone has used him and a round about cost for his service. Feel free to PM me on info. We are excited but nervous also really don't wanna let such a good tag go to waste.

A buddy and me hunted it last year with the registration tags. We had a great time for about $1000 a piece from Anchorage diy. I imagine that we went about as cheap as you could on this remote hunt. We did not use Charlie but we did see him up there and he has some nice equipment.
    With that said I will be heading back up there this year. I drew the late tag and my brother got the early tag so we have some figuring out to do.

AKHUNTER if you don't mind asking how did you do the hunt so cheap everything we are finding is 3000-5000 grand and that is a lil much I think. Did you go up from Yukon bridge and do it that route?

Charile is OK, But IMHO, you work on his schedule, not yours. In 2009, it cost $3500 for the boy and I to ride up to the split. That'll be the first place he offers to dump you out and leave you with the "flat-bottom w/jet". At least make him take you to the lower 3-Day Slough before kickin you off for the week. I thought the cost was a bit high to get up in there....but then again, Gallena fuel will run you 7-8 bucks a gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by CW4 View Post
    Charile is OK, But IMHO, you work on his schedule, not yours. In 2009, it cost $3500 for the boy and I to ride up to the split. That'll be the first place he offers to dump you out and leave you with the "flat-bottom w/jet". At least make him take you to the lower 3-Day Slough before kickin you off for the week. I thought the cost was a bit high to get up in there....but then again, Gallena fuel will run you 7-8 bucks a gallon.

Thanks yeah we are gonna talk to Charlie Green I guess. I was also referred to Fred Bifelt outta Huslia any info on him I know he does guided and drop offs.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue7 View Post
    I know about Charlie Green seems he is a stand up guy in Galena so we are gonna call him.
    Charlie is a business man, but also very knowledgable. I used his services and will use them again. It's the "bush" and they make there money this way (IMO), but I spoke to him before the hunt, then again while in Galena, and then when I needed him. He was there a day sooner for us, but it worked out. We were willing to wait a couple of days if needed but as I said it worked out. As mentioned, I'll use him again. Just discuss everything up front. His prices are based on fuel prices so it will vary some I think. Just remember, CASH is king.
    Tony