Thread: Non res listed on Teir I list

Default Non res listed on Teir I list

Messing around with the CVS file for Teir I permits and noticed that permits were listed for folks in Arizona, South Carolina, Washington, Texas, and New Mexico. The residency field was marked "yes" for each of them. Pretty curious as to why would they list an out of state address on their application and also state that they were a resident. Students? Military that have already PCSed but kept their residency? Or just messed up picking a hunt and F&G didn't scrub them yet?

Also 5022 permit holders were listed. About 2000 more than last year. That road is going to be crazy this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    Also 5022 permit holders were listed. About 2000 more than last year. That road is going to be crazy this fall.
    I'm not too worried about it. The last year, despite all the permits, less than 2400 caribou were taken and it took til December 6th. Seems to be a high dropout factor on this hunt. Opening weekend will be crazy for sure.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

The early season isn't too bad- the bou are spread way out. Get a little off the road or trail and you're apt to see no one.

When they herd up for the rut and cross the road it'll be a turkey shoot though.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

You probably guessed right on the reason for the N/R address on the applications. Military, college, and snowbirds can all retain their residency in various ways. My parents spend 160 days a year out of state and still retain their residency. I never skip an opportunity to give my dad a hard time about it.