Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG NR Unimak Island Brown Bear SPR. 2013

Red face OMG NR Unimak Island Brown Bear SPR. 2013

WOW after a very tough tough year. My father in-law being diagnosed with cancer and a few other things now something that is a ray of light. I drew the Unimak Island Spring Bear Hunt 2013. I am right now in convulsions and quivering from excitement. When me and my wife got married I told her I did not want to just kill a bear that if I was going to go on a brown bear hunt I was going after a giant. Well it looks like I did it. Still working on a few things. But the hard part is done now time to get the research and decision making.

If anyone has any info they would be willing to share I would greatly appreciate it. If not I fully understand because I am from the lower 48. I am a Guide in Oregon and know the state very very intricately and will gladly share hunting areas in Oregon for World Class Blacktails, Roosevelt elk you name it I know it in Oregon.

Hope every one has a good season

Wish it was the Delta Sheep Tag but beggers cannot be choosers sigh

Dave

Heavy Congrats to ya, that was one of my dream hunts,....darn I drew zip this year

I would suggest you do some searching on this forums for info on Unimak, there have been some real excellent threads including pics, etc. on Brown Bear hunts down there, should be easy to find, oughta help ya with ideas, etc.

Have Fun with the planning part, the Island,....will be awesome for ya, for sure
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

that is about the best bear tag you can get, are you hunting with R&R

If you want to get a little more excited do a little search on here for the unimak video..... thats a 10' bear
    i would send you the link if I knew how

If you have any questions drop me a pm see what I could do th help you out
    Dave

Congratulations!!! I think Unimak and the Chugach sheep tags are my top choices for most covetted! I believe my friend Bob Hodson owner of Barney's Sports Chalet has hunted Unimak, but regardless he will be a fabulous source of information. I would highly suggest you speak with him. Congratulations and good luck!!!!!

Brett

Congrats! I hope to draw that tag one of these days as well.

I also drew the Unimak Spring 2013 hunt... But, after looking at a map. And the cost of getting there. I doubt I'll go. Didn't realize the logistics involved before I applied. OOps....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCub View Post
    I also drew the Unimak Spring 2013 hunt... But, after looking at a map. And the cost of getting there. I doubt I'll go. Didn't realize the logistics involved before I applied. OOps....
    Too bad we can't give our tags to other people I would gladly take that one off your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Too bad we can't give our tags to other people I would gladly take that one off your hands.
    Ha ha... After you pry it out of my cold dead fingers!!! This has been my "Dream Tag" for the last 10 years! I'm going! Might have to sell my Lab to pay for it though! He's 14 and deaf, but can still fetch stuff 10 feet away! Good deal for someone....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCub View Post
    Ha ha... After you pry it out of my cold dead fingers!!! This has been my "Dream Tag" for the last 10 years! I'm going! Might have to sell my Lab to pay for it though! He's 14 and deaf, but can still fetch stuff 10 feet away! Good deal for someone....
    After your last post I was just starting to pack my truck to come over for a visit.......................

Brett

Smile

OK,

Now we need recomendations for a flight service to take 3 of us on a drop off hunt on Unimak.

Anyone have reomendations ??

Wont need a guide service.

Dave is about to pee himself about getting this tag, LOL.

BUT with ANY tag , It is not a gurantee.

Daves going to walk his butt off , I guarantee it.

RJ Simington

Like I said.............talk to Bob.

Brett

Why talk to Bob? What does he have to do with being flown to Unimak? If you want REAL information call Rod Schuh.

Brett, I just can't get over the "Bob"... You DO know that his Mom owns that store, right? ha ha

Super Cub,

I did talk to Rod first night out. Told him what I had drawn and then got grilled as to who was my alaskan resident father in-law and Brother in-law there names and where did they live. And what did they do and a few more questions. I was in an awesome mood at the time and it immediately put me into a a defensive mood. Made me feel like I did something wrong in drawing the tag. Did not enjoy being made to feel that way. So yeah I talked to Rod.

If you want to Email me Supercub my address is Oregonhunt@aol.com. Good luck on your hunt and Maybe when we get to coldfoot on the 8th or 9th of may we can have a beverage.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Highdesert View Post
    Super Cub,

I did talk to Rod first night out. Told him what I had drawn and then got grilled as to who was my alaskan resident father in-law and Brother in-law there names and where did they live. And what did they do and a few more questions. I was in an awesome mood at the time and it immediately put me into a a defensive mood. Made me feel like I did something wrong in drawing the tag. Did not enjoy being made to feel that way. So yeah I talked to Rod.

If you want to Email me Supercub my address is Oregonhunt@aol.com. Good luck on your hunt and Maybe when we get to coldfoot on the 8th or 9th of may we can have a beverage.

Dave
    where u live at in the Oregon

I am from Klamath Falls, OR Small town on in southern part of the state.

I grew up in KFalls. Left there about five years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast