Thread: Harding Lake report 17 Feb: I think its a Char?

Default Harding Lake report 17 Feb: I think its a Char?

Another day at Harding with Alcanron, which has been less productive of late, until we changed our pattern today and found some fish to mark. I would talk about the weather and specifics but its all pretty much been the same. I really doubt if most vehicles can get on the lake, we used a snow machine to access. No doughnuts today and we both were able to hang into a really nice char. Alcanron brought up the first fish, a really fatNheavy lake trout and I followed a short time later with a personnel best arctic char that went about 30 inches. Both fish were handled for a short time for a pic and released, each swam off strong. Even if I told you the truth about these fish coming up from over 130 feet deep most, if not anyone, would believe me. The results:

arcticchar.jpglaker.jpg

We had the entire lake to ourselves again. Video report to follow.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Good times for sure! Can't wait to hit again tomorrow and Monday! It was such a nice day out! I should not have missed the second bite!

nice female char, very sexy

Very nice fish fellas! After a failed attempt to drive on the lake last weekend, I too will be back out there Sunday with my handy dandy snogo. F that walking out to where I usually fish, so I'll be riding in comfort come next time. Good catches....

Nice catch guys. Looks like my old area panned out for you. I believe you about those fish coming up from over 130 feet deep. On Harding lake, the fish are where they are on a given day and the pattern changes all the time. Those that adapt to the ever changing pattern on that lake are usually successful. The proof is in the pics. If work slows down I hope to get out a few more times this winter with you guys.

I just found and fished that lake today, I need a Quad or something I will be back next weekend ready to catch a monster.

Sure is to bad I couldn't get out there and set the hook on some of those hogs this season. I have some big white tube baits that are just waiting to become fish food! Great pics and very nice char!.

That Char is Fing HUGE. Wow.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.