Thread: Kodiak - wrong tag ?

Default Kodiak - wrong tag ?

Ok, hereís my conundrum. I drew DB141 (Brown bear - Red Lake , Kodiak) for spring Non-resident guided. Unfortunately, I had submitted for DB211 which is the fall resident version. I am a non-resident now, but will be a resident by August. I am deployed to Afghanistan till June, so I canít even go on a spring hunt this year. Needless to say I am a bit frustrated right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBaglimit View Post
    Ok, hereís my conundrum. I drew DB141 (Brown bear - Red Lake , Kodiak) for spring Non-resident guided. Unfortunately, I had submitted for DB211 which is the fall resident version. I am a non-resident now, but will be a resident by August. I am deployed to Afghanistan till June, so I canít even go on a spring hunt this year. Needless to say I am a bit frustrated right now.
    Just contact ADF&G on Monday to get things straightened out.

Tuesday..they are closed Monday for Prez Day.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    Just contact ADF&G on Monday to get things straightened out.
    Ya, I'll have to give them a call. Does this kind of thing happen from time to time? I can't imagine why they would have given me a spring hunt (guided non-res) when I put in for the fall hunt (res or non-res w/relative). Very strange.

Also deployed military get to carry over their draw tags for the next year if deployed on orders.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBaglimit View Post
    Ya, I'll have to give them a call. Does this kind of thing happen from time to time? I can't imagine why they would have given me a spring hunt (guided non-res) when I put in for the fall hunt (res or non-res w/relative). Very strange.
    By chance, did you double check that the full name and location matched you? Just skimming through the results when I sorted the excel version by name, I saw a number of identical names from different cities. If your name isn't uncommon, there is a chance it is another person who won. Otherwise, it may just be a glitch in the program that put you in the wrong hunt.

Yup, it's definitely me. Just scratching my head over this one.