Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All 14a Fall 2012 Antlerless moose hunts cancelled - just released

Default All 14a Fall 2012 Antlerless moose hunts cancelled - just released

Honestly with the ammount of snow and moose strikes I'm not surprised. It does reduce my chances of drawing a moose tag by a third though!! DM400, 401,402,403,406,407,408, 410,412,413 all cancelled

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/ho...02-17-2012.pdf

Sorry if this comes as bad news to any of you, best of luck with the rest of your selections.

It is interesting that it says "These hunts were pulled before the drawing was conducted, so applicants were not disadvantaged." Seems to me if you wasted your three picks on those hunts, you were disadvantaged, regardless of whether you get the $10 back or not. I tossed the idea back and forth on doing the Tier tag or 14 cow hunts. So glad I didn't go for the 14 cow hunts, but man, I know a lot of people that do. Too bad for them, and the moose. Hopefully they rebound well.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

that's an appropriate action by the Dept... but i am sure some one will blame them for the weather... CANT wait for the dispatch on this one...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

They should let me go out and shoot one before it starves....
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Had those people drawn DM4xx tags they would have lost the opportunity to be drawn for their other Moose choices.....

Quote Originally Posted by chasethemoon View Post
    Honestly with the ammount of snow and moose strikes I'm not surprised. It does reduce my chances of drawing a moose tag by a third though!! DM400, 401,402,403,406,407,408, 410,412,413 all cancelled

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/ho...02-17-2012.pdf

Sorry if this comes as bad news to any of you, best of luck with the rest of your selections.
    Thanks for sharing and posting a link to the information. +1

I just noticed none of the Fort Rich made the cancelled list... curious to see what happens there.

Well my wife and daughter will draw dm 790 then I do know folks who waste 2 choices on the valley cow tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Wet eNuf View Post
    Thanks for sharing and posting a link to the information. +1
    Alot of the moose on rich b line it to the far flung end of ft rich down by the eod range. Dupont spinner will tell you all about it.

Wow. It's a good decision from a biological standpoint, but if I had applied for three 14A tags I would be pretty upset that I didn't have an opportunity to submit applications for other hunts instead. That's tough to swallow for people that put all their eggs in that basket.

I agree biologically it makes sense, but unfortunate. On the upside I'll come away from this drawing with at least $5 to show for it. Thats more than I've gotten in years.

That stinks, I guess I should be happy I only wasted 1 pick on these tags. If it is better for the moose I am good with the decision.

Between my family and my hunting buddy's family 0 for 22 this year!?! My $5 refund for DM406 doesn't feel like much of a consolation anymore.

If they hadn't changed the application dates this would not have ever happened and everyone that did apply could have done so in other units

My family had put in for 12 valley antlerless moose tags, so the kids are a bit disappointed. I'm not really worried about the $60. The cool thing is that my girls got drawn for caribou tags that they really wanted. My boy and I were skunked again this year.

i wonder why they decided to make that press release the day that the results came out instead of releasing it as soon as they made the decision?
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

The resource comes first. I'm disappointed that I applied for all three hunts within the Valley. So... keeping all my eggs in one basket screwed me royally. Just the way it fell this year. Applied for the last 33 years and didn't get a bison tag either. Just my luck!!! Any other whiners out there???
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Well that was a waste for the wife and I. Maybe next year I guess...

AZinAK

Glad I didn't put in for more valley cow tags, I only put in for DM407. Don't matter either way now, didn't draw a moose tag.

I think the decision is good but disappointed in not having the opportunity to draw elsewhere (I put in early before a bulk of the snow). 2 of my 3 choices were in 400-410 and my third was Ft Rich with no success. All my other choices were a bust as well --- so 0 tags in 4 years of applying, but always plenty of hunting and success to be had. Congrats to all the winners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast