Thread: TC Encore

Default TC Encore

I have TC Encore that I have run out of adjustment on my scope and it needs to come up about 6 inches at 25 yards. It is a 50 cal. muzzle loader. Any sugestions? The scope is a 3X9 40mm Vari X 2 Leupold. I have a one piece base and weaver style rings. If shimming is the answer the gun is shooting low, do I shim the front or rear ring?

Is this a new development? If it was working before and not now there is a scope or mount issue.

Otherwise, first thing Iíd try is turning the mount around if itís reversible, it could have pitch built into it. You could also try another mount all together.

Next on the list is to ether to shim up the back of the mount/ring or file down the front to lift your POI. If it's bad it could need some of both shim back and file front. I like to file if posable (especially if there is a flat to flat point someplace to work on) rather than add more parts (shims) to the mix but ether will work, I figure the less parts the less to go wrong later.

If the mount has flats on bottom parallel with each other or is just flat . . . put 500g wet paper on some glass so it's dead flat, then pull the mount over it with more pressure to the front, this will lower the front and angle the back at the same time and in the same plane.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

It is a round contour to match the barrel. I had these mounts on another barrel and this scope on another gun without problems. This is a brand new barrel that I have them on now. The mount can not be turned around.

Try just taking scope of and then remount everthing.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

I've shimmed the front of a scope mount with pepsi can cuttings before. I forget what the thickness is, but it's REAL thin. You can do the math on how many you need to stack. I normally wouldn't stay with the shims but I did on a .444. It wasn't a great gun at best, so didn't want to put anymore money into it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1buba View Post
    I've shimmed the front of a scope mount with pepsi can cuttings before. I forget what the thickness is, but it's REAL thin. You can do the math on how many you need to stack. I normally wouldn't stay with the shims but I did on a .444. It wasn't a great gun at best, so didn't want to put anymore money into it. lol
    Pop can makes good shim stock, needs to be under the back here though to bring POI up to POA.

Simply remounting it and checking closely for burs and stuff along the way is a good idea.

Round couture is harder to cut to fit but it can be done. I take a dowel smaller than the diameter and some of that stick epoxy from the plumbing department and make a tool. Take some 500 wet paper, dampen it and fit it into the bottom of the mount without any wrinkles. Mix up some epoxy, wrap it around the dowel, and put it into the base gluing the paper to the stick in the shape of the couture making sure it doesnít squish over the bottom of the base where you donít want to sand. Now you have a tool specific to the job.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I have removed the scope and mounts and put them back on. Did not see anything wrong but will shoot it again before doing anything else.