Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alaska Association of Off Highway Vehicles

Default Alaska Association of Off Highway Vehicles

OHV = anything that goes off road, ATVs, Snogos, Jeeps, Trucks, Motorcyles

IMO it is time we take proactive measures to promote and develop all motorized recreation. Too often the anti's use a divide and conquer approach to pick off our small groups and shut down their activities. The idea is to have a single Statewide Association with a large enough membership base that our voice can not be denied.

Come and be part of a highly motivated group that will improve and increase motorized recreation opportunities throughout the State of Alaska

Kick off meeting

• Thursday, February 23, 2012
    • 6:00pm until 9:00pm
    • BP Energy Center, 900 E Benson BLVD, Anchorage, AK

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000065843055&sk=info#!/AKAOHV?sk=info

Not everyone likes the idea of motorized users banding together....

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...2-OHV-planning

Quote Originally Posted by snowbear View Post

Snowbear you have been on this forum long enough to realize the majority of motorized users on here have their own agenda and only want rights for their mode of transportation. I have never understood it and wish everyone would come together to fight the antis but half of us are antis when it comes down to it so that makes it even harder. For some reason a large portion of motorized users have not realized how large of a group the antis are and how much money and organization they have to fight all of us when we are seperated in groups. I am sure the true anti's love all of out infighting since it makes everything so much easier for them.

I love boats but I'll be ****ed if an airboat is gonna botch my slow-puttin quiet Honda as I cruise up this trib lookin for Mooses....

I want my Honda, but Ban them airboats!!!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Each group w/its own agenda is a basic part of why we are loosing ground. In part it is fed by the opposition. It's called divide and conquer. Each club, group, mode of recreation is too small by itself to mount an effective defense. We must get past the few differences we have. What is the saying, United we stand, divided we beg.

It was after talking with some Statewide Associations from L48 about what happened to them, why they got started. We talked about where we are as a State, our clubs and the losses/fights we are experiencing. A few folks got together and started AKAOHV. It is going to take time to get it off the ground and making a difference. I hope that folks will come out and show their support

How often are the meetings? There's a get together in Eagle River scheduled at the same time
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

that 4x4network sux and is full of dinks
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    I'm for everyone having the right to persue thier hobbies until a certain group makes it harder on everyone else or if it tears up trails. Unfortunately there are dinks in every group!

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    I'm for everyone having the right to persue thier hobbies until a certain group makes it harder on everyone else or if it tears up trails. Unfortunately there are dinks in every group!
    im not saying the 4x4 trucks are dinks, im saying allot of the people on the 4x4network website are priks and dinks.
    Semper Fi!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Conected to AOAA at all? the meet monthly in Eagle river at the VFW
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Conected to AOAA at all? the meet monthly in Eagle river at the VFW

another FLY-BY-NIGHT club started by the members of the ak4x4network to take peoples money!!!!!

i wheel and i wheel for free and dont need to charge my friends to wheel with me.
    Semper Fi!

im not saying the 4x4 trucks are dinks, im saying allot of the people on the 4x4network website are priks and dinks.
    And weren't you the resident dink/troll on Ak4x4 for quite some time? Or did Brooke run you off?

Hey pot, your black.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

what ????????????? u need to simmer down.
    Semper Fi!

Call in 907 743 4293

That's one interpretation, but not really what I am saying over there. In fact, I think the idea has some benefits.
    Note my stating I "understand the reasons" and the mention of "well wishes".

I agree. It started out good but has gone down hill, I hardly go on their anymore. Never saw the clubs doing anythinig besides having meetings and then complaining about people still running around with club stickers on their rigs after leaving a club.

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    Just about every motorized vehicle tears up trails in one way or another with the exception of track rigs and snowmachine, they seem to do the least amount of damage. Heck horses and people tear up trails as well if they are wet and a lot of them walk the same track or are carrying heavy loads.

Each group w/its own agenda is a basic part of why we are loosing ground. In part it is fed by the opposition. It's called divide and conquer. Each club, group, mode of recreation is too small by itself to mount an effective defense. We must get past the few differences we have. What is the saying, United we stand, divided we beg.

It was after talking with some Statewide Associations from L48 about what happened to them, why they got started. We talked about where we are as a State, our clubs and the losses/fights we are experiencing. A few folks got together and started AKAOHV. It is going to take time to get it off the ground and making a difference. I hope that folks will come out and show their support
    What is your stance on organized OHV groups going out with blown big blocks, meaty tires, and plenty of alcohol in the name of fun?

Are your meetings available over teleconference/video?

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Just about every motorized vehicle tears up trails in one way or another with the exception of track rigs and snowmachine, they seem to do the least amount of damage. Heck horses and people tear up trails as well if they are wet and a lot of them walk the same track or are carrying heavy loads.
    There is a time and a place for everything, and then again if the conditions arn't right and it's just not the right time people should have the common sense to say to themselves, "ya know if I do this today I'm making it miserable for others." But a lot of people dont. I have seen a guy drive a loaded thycol across the little su with crappy ice and make it 2 feet deep in water. The week before he was driving his SWT Skandik and I asked him why he didnt take his load with the Skandik instead of wrecking it for everyone else. He said that he wanted to haul everything in one load and that he had a permit and could do what he wanted. Unfortunately there are to many people like that now a days.

Your right that some things are just the way they are, I say it's not what they are using. it's what they are not using..... their brains!

Well, the trucks have turned my favorite trail from barely passable to impassable. The big mudholes that were 24" deep are now 48" deep and that occurred right after a fleet of trucks headed up the trail for some fun. Do they have the right to be on the trail? They do, but man I wish they wouldn't.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast