Thread: Savage 116 bear hunter

Default Savage 116 bear hunter

I'm looking into getting this rifle in .300 wm, just wondering if anyone has one and if so how do u like it. I'm gonna be using it for an all around AK hunting rifle for multiple species. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I don't see anything about it that I would like in a bear rifle.Muzzel break, long barrel no sights.Marlin is 180 from this with short barrel,sights and did away with porting.The word bear and guide is misused in both cases. The bear hunter may indeed be a fine goat/sheep gun though.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

The barrel is only 22in and the muzzle break can be turned on for the range and turned off out in the field. I would go with the 325wsm though (no reason, I just like the round for all around use). I have the predecessor of that rifle in 338wm. Savage called it the AK series back then. The stock was not my favorite so I put a Bell and Carlson stock on it. It has been a great rifle scince then. The accustock on the Bear Hunter feels a lot better than the old stocks. You may want to contact AK Guns N Stuff to get a price on one. I thnk he can get you a great deal on one and he's in Wasilla.

Good Luck!
    John
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Chinese proverb

Maybe they measure the barrel wrong

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/116BH
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I've looked at it online and it is a potential option for a future purchase. I've read a lot of reviews on it and they are overwhelmingly positive. I'm interested in the 375 Ruger option and that isn't out yet in that rifle.
    MyTime

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Maybe they measure the barrel wrong

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/116BH
    Ooops! My mistake. Rep points on the way. Either way that barrel is still shorter than most. I went with the Ruger 416 for my bear gun. Not because it's needed but because I can! And because it sounds sooooo cool! Try it..... 416.....416......416. Puts a smile on your face don't it? Or maybe I'm wrong? There's something about sending 400grains of heavy metal down range that makes me smile.
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Chinese proverb