Thread: how to get home after a float

Default how to get home after a float

I am new to hunting Alaska, so if this sounds stupid it porbably is. I have read some posts on float hunting and have not came across this subject. Ive noticed some individuals fly into there float spots and my guess these individuals probaly fly out, but is this how all float hunts are done. If not what about those who dirve to there float spot then hunt hopfully get what there hunting considering this may be a thousand plus pound moose. How do you get home, cant float up river and your now 30 miles or more away from your start point. so please I may not be the brightest color in a box of crayons, but dont see how these hunts are arranged. are they all fly in fly out or is there a cheaper and well possible way to do these Im not seeing. This is a serious question Im just an idiot please help.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

honestly depends on your river of choice.. many fly in and OUT... some end in the community, some end at a road. part of your trip planning will include schedule drop off and pick up.. even rivers nearby.. you get out the water someplace other then where you left the truck.. if you planned ahead you dropped one truck off a the pick up point. or you scheduled a boat, plane, to be there at a certian time. and day ...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Most times by plane, sometimes by truck. But most good areas by plane.

Few times by boat.

This one by Truck, fly in and float out to the road.

This one by float plane in and out.

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Stid, I'm coming hunt with you. It seems the only thing you're missing on your hunts is a crazy coon-ass from Louisiana.
    "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Romo View Post
    Stid, I'm coming hunt with you. It seems the only thing you're missing on your hunts is a crazy coon-ass from Louisiana.
    what? you didnt see that thing he was a-growin on his chin?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here