Thread: Anybody follow the Cain's Quest snowmobile race?

Default Anybody follow the Cain's Quest snowmobile race?

I was looking at the internet and found there is another long distance snowmobile race similiar to the Irondog called the Cain's Quest. The race is 2,300km (1,429mi) across some of the most desolate parts of Canada.
    It sounds like a pretty grueling race.
    http://cainsquest.com/
    There are several USA teams with some real good ones from Maine.
    According to the Cain's Quest website only 50% of the racers who enter finnish the race.
    This year Skidoo won again taking the top 2 spots with teams riding 800 Etec freerides. Last year they took the top 3 spots with Etec powered machines . A team riding Arctic cats took 3rd this year.
    I guess last year they had to haul an extra 30 gallons of fuel to make the stops. The Etec powered Skidoos kind of had an unfair advantage with their extremly reliable and fuel efficient engines.

"The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Irondog team #4 runs that race......????????

I find it funny when folks say that the E Tecs had an advantage. With 600's maybe but have not seen the super fuel mileage numbers with the bigger cc sled. The other factors for consideration are snow, fuel and rider throttle control. Which the E Tecs are pretty particular about when it comes to getting the great fuel mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupont Spinner View Post
    Irondog team #4 runs that race......????????

I find it funny when folks say that the E Tecs had an advantage. With 600's maybe but have not seen the super fuel mileage numbers with the bigger cc sled. The other factors for consideration are snow, fuel and rider throttle control. Which the E Tecs are pretty particular about when it comes to getting the great fuel mileage.
    It looks like The Cains Quest winner Rob Gardner is running the Irondog. Will be interesting to see how he does. Different partner though.
    I believe last year they were running the 600Etecs in the Cains Quest but this year the 800's. I hear when you are running at 80mph the 800 outdoes the 600 on mpg's . You are maxing out the rpm's on the 600 or close to it where the 800 is in a better rpm range fuel wise at those speeds.
    We will see how the Irondog goes this year. I think we all know that Skidoo got screwed last year with the fire and all.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Team 23 Paul Dick(Arctic Cat) has also ran the Cains Quest. He has also ran in the Irondog
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway