Thread: So what happened with the sheep issues/debate?

Default So what happened with the sheep issues/debate?

So where is the State at with the sheep issues with respect to limits, quotas, non-residents, licenses, etc.?
    I've been looking for some updates from meetings or final resolutions but the whole thing seemed to blow over.
    So, has anything been resolved?

Nothing has changed with regards to unlimited non-resident allocation in harvest areas. None of the proposals related to sheep allocation passed at the recent BoG meeting, though I do believe there is at least one other coming forward in the March BoG meeting.

Ok thanks. I thought with all those pages of arguments, we'd see some comments on what happened.

Not all harvest areas have "un-limited non-resident allocations" In many areas guides are alloted only a specific number of sheep that they can take hence not un-limited. On the other hand a "Air Taxi or a Transporter can drop off 100 sheep hunters in the same area where the guide can only legally harvest a certain number say 10. They kill 50 and the guide kills 10. wheres the negitive impact coming from? That is what truely needs to be looked if there is indeed a proplem with sheep populations,. but I guess it's easier to attack the guides when they and their hunters foot much of the bill for the state..