Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prop 47

Default Prop 47

Ok, so i'm bored and sitting here reading EVERY proposal. One of you guys must have been married to this woman. Looks like you got out too late.

Proposal 47 - Purchase and sale of game. Allow the sale of trophies acquired through legal action such as divorces.

Any game taken in Alaska that becomes the property of a person through legal action, i.e. divorce, death or other civil actions is allowed to dispose of the game through sale.

ISSUE: I inherited trophies from a divorce. I did not want them. I would like to sell them. I have a Dall sheep and a black bear hide. Please change your regulations for this category of owner of Alaska game.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF NOTHING IS DONE? Women who acquire game in a divorce are stuck with them or the disposal of them which is not cheap.

WILL THE QUALITY OF THE RESOURCE HARVESTED OF THE PRODUCTS PRODUCED BE IMPROVED? Yes. Less illegally taken game because they will be available from these sales of owners who acquired the game parts to resolve a debt or other unfortunate circumstance.

WHO IS LIKELY TO BENEFIT? Women and children and debtors.

WHO IS LIKELY TO SUFFER? No one.

OTHER SOLUTIONS CONSIDERED? Tax write offs do not feed children of divorced women.

PROPOSED BY: One of your wives (Sorry, I had to take out the real name)
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

I believe the Fbks AC has put in props in the past to legalize sale of trophies.
    Trophies and mounts are saleable in most other states. The parts of a trophy, i.e. hides, horns ,antlers are all saleable in Alaska.
    I wonder what it would do to mounting fees if taxi's in Alaska could sell mounts in addition to the work they do for customers?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

I believe taxi's can sell mounts that people don't pay for, but it is a lengthy process with the State. It wouldn't do this lady any good Not that I think she deserves any favors--why would she fight in the divorce for his mounts if she didn't want them, unless she is just vindictive. Don't know her, so shouldn't judge, but pretty tough to not judge in this case.

Probably kept his newest mount and left the old one behind
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

[QUOTE=AKHunterNP;1079822]
    WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF NOTHING IS DONE? Women who acquire game in a divorce are stuck with them or the disposal of them which is not cheap.

[\QUOTE]

Anchorage Landfill with take them for $15 a truckload. How much cheaper do you need?
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

If she didn't want them in the first place, then why'd she take them? If it was out of spite then heck no, she can continue looking at them! LOL!

Nothing I know of says that she can't give them away.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Quote Originally Posted by .338-06 View Post
    Nothing I know of says that she can't give them away.
    What she meant when she said "she was stuck with them" is that she can't get another drop of blood from the poor Turnip that she has been squeezing.

My wife knows that my trophies are mine,, I bet she only took them from him to spite him.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by AKHunterNP View Post
    WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF NOTHING IS DONE? Women who acquire game in a divorce are stuck with them or the disposal of them which is not cheap

I'm guessing that gal's ex- husband will gladly take those trophies off her hands for free.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

may be this change would let dude sell them to a friend before the filing.

How much sympathy do you think she'll get from the Board of Game members? ...about as much as here
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

I giver her credit, she didn't try to disquise it any. She was very honest. "ISSUE: I inherited trophies from a divorce. I did not want them. I would like to sell them." She could have gone into a whole story talking about the cost and effort to go on the hunt and how traditional users way back when might use some parts in trade for other goods and/or services. Gotta at least give her credit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Probably kept his newest mount and left the old one behind
    Yup. Funny that she gets so little sympathy from some here. Perhaps she's stuck with all his junk because he ran off with his bear baiting partner and refuses to pay child support. Maybe he was abusive, and now he's in prison for life for armed robbery and murder...

His junk is probably for sale over on the women's forum.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

I called for an ad I saw a few years ago down here in Wa. on a grizzly rug and some guns that were for sale pretty cheep. Sure enough, a gal had her ex's stuff for sale so a freind bought the bear for 300.00 and I got a good buy on a couple of guns.I felt a little sorry for the guy but if it was'nt me it would of been someone else, right?

Amigo will: Left the old "mount" behind.

Taiga: His "junk" is for sale on the womens forum.

You guys are funny!! Haha.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

nice Martentrapper, I like the way your mind works.

She should be made to hang those mounts on a wall so she is reminded of her ex every day.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

I have to give this gal credit first she was up front and honest with the BOG and secondly she knows how to submit a BOG proposal!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    I have to give this gal credit first she was up front and honest with the BOG and secondly she knows how to submit a BOG proposal!

Bet you a beer that her ex was in the hunting industry.
    Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Bet you a beer that her ex was in the hunting industry.
    You might be onto something theer Steve I didn't think about that angle. Then again maybe she has a friend that is in the hunting industry and he/she is trying to help her out?

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    You might be onto something theer Steve I didn't think about that angle. Then again maybe she has a friend that is in the hunting industry and he/she is trying to help her out?
    or maybe her NEW MAN is in the biz...
    Founding Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast