Thread: sled snowshield

Default sled snowshield

Here are a couple of pics of the snowshield I made for my Plaschem 10 ft sled. I had a problem with snow kicking up into the sled, and when I would tow it through slush my track would spray water all over my gear. Added the snowshield and the problem was eliminated. For material I used a piece of scrap 1/8" plastic, cut it to shape, held it on with small c-clamps and just mounted it on with screws, washers and nuts. Probably change it out to 1/4" plastic whenever i can find a piece for it.
    I will probably add snowshields to my 2 NSW UHMW sleds once i get some snowshields made up for them too. Wanted to share the idea with you all just in case you might be dealing with the same problem i did. sled snowshield frontview.jpgsled snowshield backview.jpg

Good idea. I saw one made from 1/4" UHMW that was much taller, maybe 2 or 3 feet high, which provided a lot of protection. I think I will make one sometime.

If I had the material I would make one outta the 1/4" blue uhmw to match up with my blue fiberglass sled. The one on the sled is only 12" high tapering down to 2" on each end. Decided to make it so it wraps around the corners of the sled, seems to keep the powder snow from blowing in on the sides a bit when your cruising down the trail, also looks good with the wraparound effect.