Thread: First XC Skiing

Default First XC Skiing

The family and I went out for our first try at XC skiing and needless to say we are hooked. We went today and outfitted the family with our own gear and can't wait to get back out and hit the trails. We have always wondered about the sport and was quite surprised by how much fun we had yesterday.

Great! Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. How old are your kids? You might want to check into the Junior Nordic program. I'm assuming there is something in Fairbanks. It's a great cross country skiing program that is a ton of fun for kids. If they end up wanting to get serious about it, some amazing athletes come out of Junior Nordic. If not, at the very least it's a fun way to keep your kids active in the winter.

Yesterday was a great day for skiing in the Interior! Glad you've got the family out and about.

I took the famliy out to Quartz Lake and we skied for several hours- 37F, bright sun, blue skies, and zero wind. The cure for cabin fever.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Time to resurrect this thread. First skiing yesterday, 5" snow in the hills north of fairbanks. Felt good to be on the xc boards....

Heard there was skiable snow in the 'Banks. Nice! I'm jealous. We've got a cold and clear weather pattern down here in Anchorage. Looks like the pond skating will be in swing soon if things stay the same, but we're a good two or three storms away from skiing. -Gr
    My signature is awesome.