Thread: Remington 710

Default Remington 710

Well I've never seen one until today.My pops picked it up for 250$ and gave it to me.First thing I noticed was the bolt isn't the smoothest,and I don't like how you load it with the plastic clip.It is nothing like the 700's I've handled.

Just want to know if anyone out there has dealt with one.You can't beat a free 30-06 but won't have the time to shoot it for awhile.Any input would be great.Don't know if he got hosed from all the reviews I've read on the net.But how can you not take a 250$ deal on a 06',and it came with a bushnell 3x9,brand new in the box never fired.

The plastic magazine is a bit like the Savage Axis, which works OK but leaves you wondering when the spring tab will break. They only made the 710 for five years. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal!

I've seen a couple owned by younger guys at the hatcheries and from what I saw they were excellant shooters, actually one shooting corelokts was downright impressive

My son has had one in 30-06 for years. After a while the plastic latch holding the mag in broke, but was repaired free even after warranty expired. The new latch is an improved version that should last much longer. Accuracy wise, the gun is surprisingly impressive. It's quite a shooter and my boy has taken a lot of game with it.

I've sighted one in for a co-worker. Shot good but the handling was so-so. Watch the eye-relief on the Bushnell- it cracked my co-worker right over the eye.

I'd say a fully functional hunting rifle for $250 isn't too bad.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit