Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite internet stores

Default Favorite internet stores

Hey folks, I'm still shopping for an external antenna, LGC-4000, for my chartplotters, and I haven't found any great deals on e-bay or elsewhere.

Some internet stores don't have good shipping estimators so they don't quote shipping at checkout. I steer away from them.

Occassionally I've done well at West Marine, but their prices weren't always the best. Now they advertise that they'll match prices. Maybe that'll make their pricing better if there aren't too many strings attached to getting the matched prices. Some times Cabelas has done well too.

What have been the best marine stores that you've used for your boating stuff?

http://www.boemarine.com/

Good prices and great customer service. Only downside is they are on the east coast.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    http://www.boemarine.com/

Good prices and great customer service. Only downside is they are on the east coast.
    You beat me to the punch. I agree, prices are fair and the customer service is great as well.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Yep, Cabelas is good most of the time and they don't charge extra to ship to Alaska. www.go2marine.com is good for what they have, which isn't everything. I've often done very well on Amazon, and have even gotten free shipping to Alaska (most all Amazon products they ship themselves gets free super-saver shipping on everything over $25...even free to Alaska).

Good catch Capnron, I agree with what you said about Amazon, and just bought a replacement compass for the boat there....and got the super saver free shipping.

JRogers and Spoiled One, thanks for the tip on BoeMarine. Just checked out a couple items at their website, and they DO have very good prices and their shipping to Alaska is very resonable!

anchorexpress.com beats boe's prices

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Amazon. Free shipping and a fantastic refurn/refund policy. I searched the web last year when looking for a new chart plotter and sounder for our Thunderjet and no one beat their prices.

Default Amazon Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Amazon. Free shipping and a fantastic refurn/refund policy. I searched the web last year when looking for a new chart plotter and sounder for our Thunderjet and no one beat their prices.
    I joined the club called "Amazon Prime" and it gives me free shipping (yes, even to Alaska) on even more items, plus a built in discount on most everything.

I joined for free. I found a link (somewhere.... If someone needs it I'll try to look it up) offering the first year's membership free to housewives and college students, and then in the fine print (the legal beagles probably told them they were discriminating...) it says that even a male that cares for a child qualifies.

It removes the chore I used to have to find a coupon code for anything I bought from Amazon, because it gives me that much and more right onscreen without me even asking (it shows the Prime discount, and the shipping amount). Another reason I like to buy from amazon is that scrolling down from any product you see not only how many stars previous buyers gave that product and seller reviews, but also "other products that people that viewed this product bought", which at times can lead you to a better product than the first one.

I've been using Amazon quite a bit lately too. But Overtons.com isn't too bad either. Thanks for the other two links...
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

I have used the West Marine price match police to my benefit many times. Just find the best on-line price of any item that West Marine sells, take a screen shot to WM and they will give it to you at that price; if they donít have it in stock locally you can have it shipped to the store for free.
    And, if you donít like the item for any reason WM will take it back no questions asked.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

potbuilder, how do you get around the high shipping rates at anchorexpress.com. After reading your post, I played around putting a couple different things in my cart, and the shipping prices were high. In one case, a compass for under $50 had a ground UPS shipping cost to Kodiak at over $50. However, that same compass from Boe Marine was only going to cost $8.99 to Kodiak! Just not seeing as low a delivered price as Boe offers unless you've got a trick I'm not seeing.
    Last edited by HuntKodiak; 02-13-2012 at 21:00. Reason: sentence didn't make sense

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    I joined the club called "Amazon Prime" and it gives me free shipping (yes, even to Alaska) on even more items, plus a built in discount on most everything.

I joined for free. I found a link (somewhere.... If someone needs it I'll try to look it up) offering the first year's membership free to housewives and college students, and then in the fine print (the legal beagles probably told them they were discriminating...) it says that even a male that cares for a child qualifies.

It removes the chore I used to have to find a coupon code for anything I bought from Amazon, because it gives me that much and more right onscreen without me even asking (it shows the Prime discount, and the shipping amount). Another reason I like to buy from amazon is that scrolling down from any product you see not only how many stars previous buyers gave that product and seller reviews, but also "other products that people that viewed this product bought", which at times can lead you to a better product than the first one.
    doesn't that Amazon prime cost like $70 a year??

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    doesn't that Amazon prime cost like $70 a year??
    I know they normally charge for it, yes, but I have no idea how much. As I said, I joined for free.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntKodiak View Post
    potbuilder, how do you get around the high shipping rates at anchorexpress.com. After reading your post, I played around putting a couple different things in my cart, and the shipping prices were high. In one case, a compass for under $50 had a ground UPS shipping cost to Kodiak at over $50. However, that same compass from Boe Marine was only going to cost $8.99 to Kodiak! Just not seeing as low a delivered price as Boe offers unless you've got a trick I'm not seeing.
    I have them ship to a friend in Seattle then he just mails it up to me. I bought a auto pilot system from anchor and shipping on that was $60 yeah a bit high but i saved almost $400 on the pilot by buying from anchor instead of the other guys.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by breausaw View Post
    I have used the West Marine price match police to my benefit many times. Just find the best on-line price of any item that West Marine sells, take a screen shot to WM and they will give it to you at that price; if they donít have it in stock locally you can have it shipped to the store for free.
    And, if you donít like the item for any reason WM will take it back no questions asked.
    WM will price match online competetors? Surprising given that they won't even sell items to you at the prices listed in their own catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    WM will price match online competetors? Surprising given that they won't even sell items to you at the prices listed in their own catalog.
    WM has online deals only, store will not match them (don't know why) but you can ship to store for free and pickup. Makes no sense but they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    WM will match catalog prices, just ask.. Do it all the time.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Stay clear of iboat. Not only did they want $80 standard to ship a cheap prop for a Yamaha 50, their site phished me and I got slammed with their ads, even when I decided not to order from them. Had to clear all the cookies from my browser to get out from under their ads.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntKodiak View Post
    If i read BOE's fine print for shipping correctly the 8.99 is for lower 48 only.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Guess I'll have to let others chime in that have placed orders with BOE and live in Alaska. I entered my zip code in their shipping calculator, and that shipping rate is what their web site returned. Wouldn't be the first time someone's web site pulled my leg, but it would be nice if the $8.99 was true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast