Thread: Valve goes out under the sink

Default Valve goes out under the sink

I think I'm getting tested for some of my posts, lol.

Woke up with water all over the floor, ( to much water, lol.)

This is a ball valve and even turing it off the water still dribbles out. I thought they were stainless, might be some build up to where it won't close. I understand that I will have to remove the pressure from the lines, but I WANT A SHOWER IN THE MORNING, lol.

Well its Sunday so throw down the towels turn off the pump and wait for the morning, lol. No parts avaliabe today, lol.

How many of you had the insite to stick another valve to certain places in the house to cut those areas off? Looking at draining down the system to fix this.

( hey did a load of laundry, filled up the coffee pot, then shut her down. Most bush dwellers could only wish for this much, so I'm not complianing,)

There's a little humor in this.

did the housing become unthreaded. I have had them loosen up.

Naw it looks like hard water, the threds are all rust coated , its been 14 years since it was installed.Its just a small fix, but a major pain to drain the system.

I just thought it was kinda funny that while one person could run out of water, another gets to much, lol

When I built my cabin, I have shut offs to isolate the pressure tank from the main system, and a drain to empty the whole system. I have another valve to open in the spring to flush the pump and line into the cabin, so it does not get the sand in the rest of the system. This has been working great the last 5 years, you got to remember to either drain or put antifreeze in the stool valves, even if you have Pex pipe. The metal valves can crack and are a pain to replace. An air compressor works great to clear the lines for the winter.

My house was set up with a home-run manifold system during my remodel three years ago. I have a separate pex line running from the manifold to each hot and cold of every fixture. No valves, it just runs right to the fixture. Each line can be shut off independently at the manifold. I used a Vanguard Manifold. Best system I have ever used.

Sorry to hear of your troubles Rock. I am constantly changing valves about the same age as yours in my commercial building I rent out. The darn things can really ruin your day.

Every time I fix a leak I add a valve to isolate that area as a just in case for any future repairs.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

I too have that vanguard manifold with pex piping. It is really cool to be able to isolate any fixture in the house from one location. Just dont let that manifold freeze, lol. Ask me how I know that!! Luckily, they are not too expensive...

I also have an external hose bibb that I feed with both a cold and a hot water pex line. I just swap the valves off and on depending on which season it is. Hot water for the dogs in the winter, cold in the summer.

Well fixed the valve and turned the pump back on, come to find out the fauset was also leaking, lol. whats the odds of them both going out at the same time? ( mind you I have never had water on the floor before yesterday moning,) The fauset had a leak under the counter so I have just spent the last 2 hours tearing out the sink, , kinda hard for me to get around small spacies,

After 14 years going to do a complete make over on the kitchen sink, clean out all the pipes, new fauset, new valves and even thinking about a new dishwasher, lol ( life is good )

Some times when they say to hell in a hand basket it turns out that some baskets are bigger than others. Good Luck with the overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    Well fixed the valve and turned the pump back on, come to find out the fauset was also leaking, lol. whats the odds of them both going out at the same time?

Trouble comes in 3s. Expect one more thing to go out soon. I don't know how many times trouble shooting a problem was 100 times harder than it should of been simply because several things went at once.

LOL, NR, am waiting to get it back together and the third part of the equastion will come back into play.

Hate to buy a fauset here in town, might have to make a trip to Fairbanks in the next couple of days.