Thread: Has anyone been around the the new ski-doo expedition w/600 e?

Default Has anyone been around the the new ski-doo expedition w/600 e?

I have been looking at upgrading my 550 suv with one of these and was wondering if anyone could give me any feedback? The suv is an awesome backcountry workhorse but likes fuel and lacks on suspension. Does the new e-tec get that good of fuel economy? Does the expedition perform in the deep snow as well as the suv? Any feedback would be helpful.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index....&fromMainBar=1
    Maybe find some stuff here, Haven,t been around the Expedition. But have friend has summit with that motor I like it, It does get good milage, sips oil, and got some power, he,s been running that thing hard couple yrs now, not one problem , go out on a limb, here to say, One of the best 600 2strokeout there, However the oil it uses is costly.

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

i have the etec motors..like susitnaAK says...great mileage, great power, and the oil can be bought at about half price if you bring the original gallon jugs back to team cc...its a great motor...but can comment on the chassis

I've got a skandic with the etec. Awesome sled. great ride and does well on fuel...tows better than I expected. Mark T at Skwentna has the expedetion as do the Iditarod folks. they ride better on the river than mine but I would take em on in deep snow any day.

Thanks for all the input. I ride with a few guys that have Vikings and they are awesome towing sleds but are horrible in the deep powder. I don't wnnt to loose the deep snow performance but, I would like to up my fuel economy and have a cooshier ride. I have had good luck with my suv, very relible, very capable towing sled.

I spring ordered a 2012 expedition se with the 600 e-tec. It handles great off trail once you get used to a wide-track off trail(I came from sportier sleds). Fuel economy is awesome and sips the oil(I personally don't find it that expensive at 35 a gallon and 20 if reuse old jugs). The adjustable air suspension on the spring model is the cushiest sled I have ever taken down completely shredded trails and cruised river with, set on 2 on the river and 3 on the trails and 4 or 5 for two people accordingly. Tows awesome and doesn't even feel the sled back there. I have mine fully studded out and like 10'' carbides, I never even notice glare wind blown ice anymore. also have the skid plate and that helps it hugely too. Overall I would highly recommend this sled to you and enjoy riding the most comfortable sled on the river.
    forgot to mention i have about 600 miles as of now and will be close to 800 by the end of this weekend and breaking 1000 the weekend after. Not one problem yet.