Thread: Lost Iditarod dog in Anchorage

Unhappy Lost Iditarod dog in Anchorage

Dogs name is Whistler. (but spoken with a German accent, Vhisller ?) I have spent most of the day right behind this lost dog. It is from Norway. A slim husky, mottled white with black ears. NOT a city dog. There are pictures on Facebook, which I don't belong to.

I live in Fairview and he has been in the woods off of Sitka Park, south of Merrill Field. Not scared, but very wary. Raised by women and wouldn't come to me. I tracked it down 3 times, once within 30 feet. Had moose meat to offer, but wouldn't come in.

The dog is owned by Sylvia. Iditarod team leader. I actually saw the dog yesterday down at Ship Creek while checking on the boat. I could have trapped it easy. I opened the truck door, knowing someone had just dumped it there. No go and I didn't chase it. Feel kinda bad now I didn't. Paid some tribute post holing thru the snow all day though.

If anyone sees this dog, I have contact numbers to call.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Here is a picture of the poor guy.

A number to call is 907-895-1961, or 907-841-1262.

Thanks
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Quote Originally Posted by bullbuster View Post
    Dogs name is Whistler. (but spoken with a German accent, Vhisller ?) I have spent most of the day right behind this lost dog. It is from Norway. A slim husky, mottled white with black ears. NOT a city dog. There are pictures on Facebook, which I don't belong to.

I live in Fairview and he has been in the woods off of Sitka Park, south of Merrill Field. Not scared, but very wary. Raised by women and wouldn't come to me. I tracked it down 3 times, once within 30 feet. Had moose meat to offer, but wouldn't come in.

The dog is owned by Sylvia. Iditarod team leader. I actually saw the dog yesterday down at Ship Creek while checking on the boat. I could have trapped it easy. I opened the truck door, knowing someone had just dumped it there. No go and I didn't chase it. Feel kinda bad now I didn't. Paid some tribute post holing thru the snow all day though.

If anyone sees this dog, I have contact numbers to call.
    I am on FB with friends who are mushers..will repost your post here and give the website! sure hope someone can catch the dog and return him to his owner!

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Yeah, some great news. She's having small dinner this weekend. I'm asking for a ride!
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it