Thread: After All The Bickering are we ready to get back on track?

Default After All The Bickering are we ready to get back on track?

Are we done with the name calling?

Are we done with one side has a reason to do you harm?

Are we willing to work TOGETHER? ( thats a big one )

Come on all, you sound like my sibilings ( I have 7, lol )

O.K. in the last week there has been some pretty nasty things thrown out there, I would chaulk it up to cabin fever, but dang its been nice for the last week.

Are we going to start working together on the topics or is this just going to continue to be a contest of who is right or wrong?

E.S.

I just glad that S.E. is a whole different state and mindset and for sure here with the Stikine with miles of B.C. to play in.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Are you ready to accept that cow hunts are a viable management tool?

Gotta love shooting cows and its great to fine a couple fetus in them so you really get three insted of one
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Akdoug, I was around when they did the cow hunts to an extreme, and I'm not going to back off on that subject if they want to repeat the same mistake again. I do agree that some should be taken if the population is up there. But in the last few years they are repeating the same thing that they were doing back in 69-70, and I can't turn my back on that. So I will have to fight against that topic.

The Bear hunting topic is in its self a whole nother topic. Black bears reproduce at the time of 2 years old if I remember right, the Grizz, don't until they are 4 years old. ( I believe that is the reason for the 3-to-1 ratio of the limints ( allowed 3 blacks a year- 1 Grizz a year, )

The Wolf, well he is going to be around in bigger numbers if the game is there, and will dissapear when they are not.

Tell you a story about a one of the winters I spent in the bush at age 15, ( no neighbors for 30 miles.) That year the moose moved down to the flats in late Oct. and never seen another moose track til March. That being said there was a pack of wolfs about 20 of them that stuck around all winter, came up to the house many times trying to find something, but boggles the mind why they stayed and what were they surriving on. I never figured it out. I tracked the things on foot for miles and seen where they had killed a rabbit here and there and a bird, but how they surrvied was a mystrey, do they kill the weaker pack members? They were trying to get to the dogs everytime they came to the house.

I had more of a wonderment how the anmails thought back in those days rather than the kill them all attiude, don't get me wrong, I've killed alot of game for food, but if I did'nt need it I was more into figuring out how they surrvived.

I hate to see a pregant cow get shot, more so if it was a migrating cow. Thats that many more moose that won't be going back to the hills.

The results of 69/70 are well remembered, and will not be repeated. We have the largest Moose herd in the state. Again we have had a light winter. Cold temps, but not a lot of snow. Good winter survival rates. That means we are going to have a bunch more Moose come spring. We are above the carrying capacity the F&G biologist have set. The science is there, we need to reduce the numbers before next winter, to prevent a winter die off. So we need a cow hunt. I too hate to see pregnant cows shot, but that sometimes can not be avoided, when overall number reduction is the plan. There has been browse enhancement done in 20-B, but not enough.

For those that are against Cow Hunts, I can empathize with you, I once felt that way myself. Then I went to a Moose Seminar put on by F&G. There I saw the Science. Then I went out into 20-A and took a look at the browse. I looked for twins and saw none. I came to the conclusion that F&G was on the right track. Years later I can now see some browse left in the spring. I'm also seeing twin calves. So I believe they are on the right track, and fully support them in their management efforts.
    Gun Control means hitting your target.
    "Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley
    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"

You Know They Have Not Did A Browse Study Since 2009, In The Sub Unit 6 Where People Are Have Problems Getting To They Have Good Twinning Rates Because They Are Not Stressed From Being Chased Six Months Out Of The Year. And Where I Hunt Out There There Is Nothing Left Except A Few Cows With Calfs Because They Can't Be Shoot. You Can Eat What They Are Feeding You But I'm On The Ground And Can See What Not There Any More From Over Harvest And The Lack Of Careing

Quote Originally Posted by skip olsen View Post
    You Know They Have Not Did A Browse Study Since 2009, In The Sub Unit 6 Where People Are Have Problems Getting To They Have Good Twinning Rates Because They Are Not Stressed From Being Chased Six Months Out Of The Year. And Where I Hunt Out There There Is Nothing Left Except A Few Cows With Calfs Because They Can't Be Shoot. You Can Eat What They Are Feeding You But I'm On The Ground And Can See What Not There Any More From Over Harvest And The Lack Of Careing
    After skimming through the many moose management reports, I don't know why a browse study is needed every year or couple of years. Do you suspect that you are seeing less moose because there is less browse and they have moved elsewhere?

Please clarify what you mean by 'They Are Feeding You But I'm On The Ground And Can See What Not There Any More From Over Harvest And The Lack Of Careing'. I even looked beyond your sentance structure and treated it like a code; then tried to decipher it by isolating the capped letters in different configurations. But had no success.

Anyone know how many tags are set aside for RM768? How many permits issued? Filled?

Quote Originally Posted by amigo will View Post
    gotta love shooting cows and its great to fine a couple fetus in them so you really get three insted of one

hey fetus! Feed us!

Release Lake Trout

which brings us to our next point.....Dont Smoke Crack!

Release Lake Trout

Rock,
    You call for peace and cooperation and then in your second post dig your heels in...and so here we go again.

People have opinions, often they disagree. Sometimes passion muddies the waters and said disagreements devolve from rational discussions on the merits of a given idea to a heated exchange of emotional tirades. And that's the one thing we all actually have in common...being guilty of letting emotion get the best of us.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    Rock,
    You call for peace and cooperation and then in your second post dig your heels in...and so here we go again.

People have opinions, often they disagree. Sometimes passion muddies the waters and said disagreements devolve from rational discussions on the merits of a given idea to a heated exchange of emotional tirades. And that's the one thing we all actually have in common...being guilty of letting emotion get the best of us.
    and that folks was the entire point of my first post in this thread

AkDoug am I supposed to just roll over and fell good when someone rubs my tummy, ( might if it was my dream girl, lol )

The bickering I was talking about was the name calling, the I don't give a crap what you think, slaming the ABC, DEF, GHI, JKL, MNO, PQR, STU, VWX, Yand Z. ( hope you see the humor in this, )

There are always going to be heated debates on both sides, but they can be moe civilized without the name calling and the bashing, or we might as well shut the complete Thread down like the Politics and Reliegion.

I'm going to countine to be on the cautious side of the cow hunts for the future generations of hunters.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

2012 -2009 = 3 years...should we spend thousands and do one every year? or maybe let it grow back a little? fire 2009... 2010.. 2011.. probably will be a 2012 fire or 2,or 3 or 7... who knows... around 20A again this year.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Rock, I think we are cool with each other. I certainly respect your viewpoint, but it's different from mine. I agree that the name calling is pretty immature. However, I am glad these threads are passionate. That gives me great confidence that the resource is being watched by people on all sides, and that's a good thing.

Were good Doug, Hopefully I get a chance to drive the Parks again and will be able to stop in and have a cup of java with you.

Any time my friend. Just let me know when you are headed this way. I will do the same if I head up your way.