Thread: Remington 870 slide issues

Default Remington 870 slide issues

Hello, I have a problem with my 870 the slide release button is staying in the pushed in position, and the slide won't lock in the forward position. Has anyone experienced this before? Is there A simple fix or do I need to find a good gunsmith in the Valley?
    That would be my second question where is the best place to get it fixed if it's not just a simple fix.
    Thanks in advance for any info
    Mark

The trigger group might need to just be cleaned. Have you taken it out?

Otherwise, wild west guns is the remmy service center, and they can fix it if there is anything actually wrong with it.

I'm pretty familiar with those actions, if you want to get together sometime I'm sure we can figure out what is wrong with it. I'm between Palmer and Wasilla.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Thanks AKMud I sent you an EMail.

The forend nut is probably loose. The wood is all the way forward, but the tube is not. Tighten the nut on the forend tube and it should work fine.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Gunbugs, as I read your post I thought there's no way that could be it. Then I checked it. It was loose by about 3/4 of a turn.
    Problem solved.
    Thanks for an easy solution. ( don't I feel dumb)
    Thanks everyone
    Spikehunter (Mark)

Not the first time I've seen it. 20+ years working on guns pays dividends. Cheers.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."