Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Anchorage Boat Show Pictures (post em here)

  1. #1
    Member Sobie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Juneau
    Posts
    1,040

    Default Anchorage Boat Show Pictures (post em here)

    I would love to go the boat show this weekend but am in the wrong part of the state. If anyone goes please post some pictures of the boats displayed at the show.


    Sobie2

  2. #2

    Default

    I took my camera but I took no pictures. The only boats I would have wanted had prices of $120K or more. Unless I come into an extremely large amount of money, I don't think I'll be back. But then again I think I said that last year or maybe the year before

  3. #3
    Member FishKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    260

    Default

    I wish I could have gotten my money back. Spent $16 and there was like skydiver said: only boats worth owning was over $120k. The venders had same prices as store prices with a little break..... Better off waiting for a sale or buying items from the internet. Side note: Mat-Su gun show at the fairgrounds was no better. Lots of guns but everyone is looking for a quick buck. I went on Sunday so things may have been picked over............

  4. #4

    Default

    I'm glad they figured out the implications of holding the show on Superbowl Sunday and during the Seattle Show.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,568

    Default

    Wife and I went as we were bored. Actually surprised at the lack of stuff inside compared to the $8 ticket price. Managed to find one decent item on sale that we needed and that was the GPS store was selling the Garmin Alaska topo map chip for $79 compared to the normal $99 price. Things must be really slow up here as I believe the Boulton boats on "Sale" were left over from last year, and maybe the year before.

    I still maintain if a person is looking for a boat they should buy used. If they absolutely want new then they should spring the $1K to cover airfare, hotel, and car rental and fly to Seattle for a couple of days.

    But, the Anchorage show would be a good place to visit if you were in the market for an inflatable or sport jet as there was quite a few to pick from.

  6. #6
    Member spoiled one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,230

    Default

    Was Glacier Craft or Bay Weld represented at the show?
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    59

    Default

    No Glacier Craft or Bay Weld at the show. Seems like Bay Weld holds out for the Sportsman's Show to bring their boats up. Nice to get out and look at some boats, but not worth eight bucks.

  8. #8
    Member spoiled one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,230

    Default

    I figured as much. I haven't been to the show since it moved to the Dena'ina Center. One of these years I plan on hitting the big show in Seattle.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

  9. #9

    Default

    Seattle iiiiiiiiiiiisssssss nice.

  10. #10

    Default

    Went to the Seattle show for the first time last year. If you want it, they've got it. But for me, it was like a kid in a candy store but no money in your pocket. If I'd been there to actually shop for a boat, it would have been much more enjoyable! What it did do, though, was remind me of how lucky I am to have a boat that's already paid for, even if it's not my dream boat.

  11. #11
    Member AKluvr95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    646

  12. #12
    Member breausaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    830

    Default The Rhyde

    I enjoyed the show, worth the 8 bucks for me. Stopped and talked with most of the vendors.
    Thought The Rhyde river boat was interesting concept, cross between a canoe and a river boat. Has Tunnel running forward 7 feet with prop and able to get on step in less than a foot, manufacture says it jumps strait up out of the water. Owner /designer said He River guided up here for like 30 years and did a lot of boating out of Florida. It's manufactured in Wasilla at a fiberglass specialty business. Guy said they can incorporate high impact plastic or Kevlar onto the hull to withstand impacts and such. Kind of like one of those old cargo canoes on steroids. Not sure how well it's going to be received by the river boating community, if your looking for a recreational river boat check it out.

    Canít find a picture or web site, perhaps on brochure I have at home.

    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.


  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKluvr95 View Post
    Sweet little tender! That will last a loooonnnnggg time....good choice.


    Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff


  14. #14
    Member breausaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by breausaw View Post
    I enjoyed the show, worth the 8 bucks for me. Stopped and talked with most of the vendors.
    Thought The Rhyde river boat was interesting concept, cross between a canoe and a river boat. Has Tunnel running forward 7 feet with prop and able to get on step in less than a foot, manufacture says it jumps strait up out of the water. Owner /designer said He River guided up here for like 30 years and did a lot of boating out of Florida. It's manufactured in Wasilla at a fiberglass specialty business. Guy said they can incorporate high impact plastic or Kevlar onto the hull to withstand impacts and such. Kind of like one of those old cargo canoes on steroids. Not sure how well it's going to be received by the river boating community, if your looking for a recreational river boat check it out.

    I have no commercial interest associated with this product just think it's kind of unique, to bad the guy is old school and has not website or email, here is the scanned brochure. I think it would be a great Yukon boat, good fuel economy.

    001.jpg002.jpg
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.


  15. #15
    Member tzieli22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Eagle River AK
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by breausaw View Post
    I have no commercial interest associated with this product just think it's kind of unique, to bad the guy is old school and has not website or email, here is the scanned brochure. I think it would be a great Yukon boat, good fuel economy.

    001.jpg002.jpg
    Yeah, we saw this too, really like the concept but would think aluminum would be a better choice up here. Show seems to be getting weaker year over year, but it's a day out of the house and the tickle that spring time fun is not too far off.
    Tony

  16. #16
    Member Rob B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska,
    Posts
    3,154

    Default

    Yep. I agree. I actually went twice. Once without the wife so I could look around and talk to Todd, Grant and Mel. I went back on Saturday sell her on some things but I do agree, it's too small, for an Alaskan boat show. I know we have the big Sportsmans Show in April, but it would be nice if we had a separate show just for boating/fishing that included more boat manufacturers and a little more boating equipment.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

  17. #17
    Member Boreal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southcentral AK
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    What it did do, though, was remind me of how lucky I am to have a boat that's already paid for, even if it's not my dream boat.
    You're not wrong about that! The Seattle show was great fun to walk around and dream, and I also managed to pick up some gear that I needed. Cannon downriggers were $50 off each, lots of safety gear with great prices. I refuse to pay entry to this boat show, there's just not much there to make it worth it.

  18. #18
    Member AKluvr95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    646

    Default

    Speaking of gear for a reasonable price...where can I get some good inflatable PFDs?
    These things are very expensive and while I got a quality one for my wife [doesn't swim well] for $169 a camo one for me is pushing nearly $200. I heard at the boat show boating seminar West Marine had some good ones. Went there yesterday and most of them didn't have any prices posted. One that did was $325. Really would like to get enough decent quality ones to go around so guests could wear them as well. I buddy who went with me last year said he got a decent one at Costco but they don't have any right now. While auto inflation is nice for the slim chance of being knocked unconscious, I don't mind going with manual inflation with all the condensation in the boat's cabin might avoid an inadvertent firing. Merita had a Reeve's brand but honestly it looked like it was child-sized though it did say adult on the packaging.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
    You're not wrong about that! The Seattle show was great fun to walk around and dream, and I also managed to pick up some gear that I needed. Cannon downriggers were $50 off each, lots of safety gear with great prices. I refuse to pay entry to this boat show, there's just not much there to make it worth it.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKluvr95 View Post
    Speaking of gear for a reasonable price...where can I get some good inflatable PFDs?
    These things are very expensive and while I got a quality one for my wife [doesn't swim well] for $169 a camo one for me is pushing nearly $200. I heard at the boat show boating seminar West Marine had some good ones. Went there yesterday and most of them didn't have any prices posted. One that did was $325. Really would like to get enough decent quality ones to go around so guests could wear them as well. I buddy who went with me last year said he got a decent one at Costco but they don't have any right now. While auto inflation is nice for the slim chance of being knocked unconscious, I don't mind going with manual inflation with all the condensation in the boat's cabin might avoid an inadvertent firing. Merita had a Reeve's brand but honestly it looked like it was child-sized though it did say adult on the packaging.
    Amazon. Do a search for inflatable PFDs. If you can't find what you like then Ebay

  20. #20
    Member AKluvr95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    646

    Default

    Yep been there done that...
    One review even said the cylinder broke when activated and his father drown..

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Amazon. Do a search for inflatable PFDs. If you can't find what you like then Ebay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •