Thread: Getting started making a claim??

Eagle River,AK

Default Getting started making a claim??

Total newbie here but I have an oppertunity to check out some old mining sites very remote this summer. I understand most of the land in the area is Dyon and state. I will be in the area in mid July. What type of area should I be looking for to set up a small private hobbie thing, possible retirement plans. Where do I start the paper work process? Thanks!

If on State land go to DNR. The have many hand outs and flyers. Get your pen ready. There is allot of paperwork.

It may be to late this year to get this all put together. I am tring to get my 30' boat with dredge to nome for 2012 summer. It is a modified 30' pontoon boat on trailer with 10" suction dredge powered by VW engine. Put together very well but I have very limited financial resouces to pay to move boat and can only take about 4 or 5 weeks off this summer. Looking for other crazy adventure divers to to go on working vacation and investor looking for a summer to remember. Hey i live by motto "Life is a filmstrip of memories. If you dont get up get out and get crazy life will pass you by. I am a 43 yr old fireman, own a manufacturing company, have a wonderfull family and a good relation with god. But here in Oregon there are more mining laws than miners and I want to live the dream. Send me a email or respond here. Lets get this party started.