Thread: Safe Boat storage in homer, Where?

Default Safe Boat storage in homer, Where?

Dragging 5000 lbs of boat and gear from Kenai to Homer gets expensive two and three times a week. I saw a place in Happy Valley for reasonable daily storage rates but am looking for a place in Homer. Can't be a place that blocks in the boat though. My trips aren't planned by anything other than water conditions so the boat needs to stay accessible.

I thought about a slip but not sure about security as I really don't want to haul all my gear up the ramp every trip. Maybe someone could comment on Harbor security.

I'd be willing to pay a private individual as well for a spot. We've been looking at property or a small cabin as well. Don't really want to leave boat on a piece of vacant land though.

Ideas, suggestions?

Boat is a 22' Searunner, on the trailer I'm about 30' X 10' I would guess, give or take a few

check out the storage area's on Kachemak drive. they used to do what you are wanting. Your boat is left accessible for you to get at.
    Icy roads were always an issue. We used to carry a little beach sand for traction to get the boat hooked up.

Quote Originally Posted by TYBSP View Post
    Dragging 5000 lbs of boat and gear from Kenai to Homer gets expensive two and three times a week. I saw a place in Happy Valley for reasonable daily storage rates but am looking for a place in Homer. Can't be a place that blocks in the boat though. My trips aren't planned by anything other than water conditions so the boat needs to stay accessible.

I thought about a slip but not sure about security as I really don't want to haul all my gear up the ramp every trip. Maybe someone could comment on Harbor security.

I'd be willing to pay a private individual as well for a spot. We've been looking at property or a small cabin as well. Don't really want to leave boat on a piece of vacant land though.

Ideas, suggestions?

Boat is a 22' Searunner, on the trailer I'm about 30' X 10' I would guess, give or take a few

Homer Boat Yard ,good guys, secure and close to fish. 235-7158

Does anyone know the current regs on parking on the spit? I thought you were allowed to park for up to a week at a time with a paid launch fee? might not offer the security but could be an option.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

personally I'd go to the Homer Boat Yard 235 7158 I parked a boat there for years (and years).

Security in a slip has not been a problem for me. But you never know as it could happen. I have left rods, nets and other gear on deck and so far no problem, but this has only been a few times. Normally I gather all gear and lock in cabin.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Homer boat yard sounds great after talking to Mike down there. We are still thinking about property with a cabin.

Thanks for the input all