Thread: New Homer Halibut Derby Rules Revealed

Default New Homer Halibut Derby Rules Revealed

The Homer Chamber of commerce revealed the overhauled halibut derby yesterday. Will you still buy a ticket?

All the details are here

Quote Originally Posted by cwm907 View Post
    Will you still buy a ticket?
    The $50K tagged fish, the monthly catch/release drawing, and the $5K end of season drawing would be tempting, but given they're still putting a $10K bounty on the biggest fish kept, I'd be more inclined to vote with my dollars and still not buy a ticket. If it weren't for the $10K bounty on the big fish, I'd be inclined to buy a ticket just for the end of season drawing, even if I weren't going to fish... Too bad they didn't have the huevos to quit targeting the big fish.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

What a joke.... With release fish how can they prove you released the fish.......
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    What a joke.... With release fish how can they prove you released the fish.......
    Easy the same way any catch and release tourney works with a picture and a witness.