Thread: Bou hunt for father this summer?

Default Bou hunt for father this summer?

My father is just icthin' to come up here and kill a bou is year. I drew a Tier I tag so I cant hunt with him but I'm certainly going along to get him his bou. He is 71 and this hunt is about him not me. I was looking at some areas to take him and thought I would ask some folks on here for some ideas. He is in good health but I'll be doing the packing. He's certainly in good enough shape to setup camp for a week but I would prefer a semi guided deal if I could afford it.. Some place that has a warm bed at night verses a 2 man tent and no heat. Any one have any ideas as to what the best option would be for him? I know that's not a lot to go on but I don't want to put anymore restrictions on the hunt than I have to..

I'm not looking for your favorite area just someone you know that could provide a hunt for him where he has a good chance at killing a bou and is as cost effective as possible. I want to get him a bou before he's to old to get up here. Considering all the memories he gave me hunting growing up this is the very least I can do for him.

Thanks Guys

Have you thought about a fly-out in the Brooks? You can take a comfortable camp, enjoy nice scenery and see lots of caribou. That would be my first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by mossyhorn View Post
    Have you thought about a fly-out in the Brooks? You can take a comfortable camp, enjoy nice scenery and see lots of caribou. That would be my first choice.
    Thats one of the areas I was looking at. Does anyone know of a good outfitter out of happy valley?

Deltana does drop hunts and so does 70 north.

Quote Originally Posted by mossyhorn View Post
    Deltana does drop hunts and so does 70 north.
    Looked some of these guys up that way.. Has anyone had any expierience with any of the outfits up that way?

Try doing a search of this forum, you'll find that 70
    North is a highly recommended outfit. That's the route I'd go.

Contact Mike McCrary at operations@seventynorth.com concerning north slope drop offs. .

Mike McCrary, owner Seventynorth, operates on wheels out of Happy Valley with a 600 or 700 pound max load (depending on the strip), Contact at (907) 659-2544, www.seventynorth.com.

If you want to pay more then call Coyote Air, owned by Dirk Nickisch, flying a Beaver on wheels with a 1200 pound max load, out of Coldfoot. at winter # (907) 479-5995, summer # (907) 678-5995.

Gents I appreciate the info and I'll get in touch with Mike at 70