Thread: Stolen trailer

Default Stolen trailer

Seems someone decided they needed my trailer more than I did, so they helped themselves to it from the long term parking on the spit. Had a padlock through the hitch, but that wasn't a deterrent, apparently.
    Missing is a King saltwater series double axel trailer, flat bunks, new jack, 2" hitch with brake. Flat web on the winch that has a knot about a foot in.
    doubt I'll ever see it again, but you never know.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Dave I was down there a few days ago and saw where the Harbor Master had posted notices (orange sticker) on all trailers and vehicles parked in that area. Would they had it towed? Just a thought, as I figured that the notices were for parking violation. Good luck.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

I should have been so lucky!
    nope, Matt said they haven't impounded anything since September.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

how long a window since you seen it last? its Febuary.. not a lot of boat stuffs running around is there? and not a lot of options to get out of town if i recall homer correctly..

also check with the owners along side yours... and see if they agreed to loan theirs to someone.. and guy went in and grabbed wrong one.

if i loaned someone somthing, and he called a few days later.. saying.. er hitch key???? i would have OH SHt.. sorry bud.. cut it off no worry
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Sorry to hear you joined the club! I had mine taken from a long term parking lot in Kodiak, an Island! I have a close freind working for KPD, we patrolled every street looking for mine with no luck, that was 5-10 years ago? it was brand new triple EZ loader with rollers.
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Will keep an eye out on craigslist and Alaskaslist. There goes that secure (but unfounded) feeling I always had out on the spit. Even though you know it's possible, it is hard to believe someone would actually have the balls to do it. Looks like I'll be buying chains and locks for the tires on mine. We'll see the extent of these idiots bravery if it shows up for sale.
    Maybe you could put a pic up here if you had one so everyone could keep an eye out.
    Sorry to hear it...........

Unfortunate for sure, but give your insurance company a call and it will be replaced before spring.

One more thought, Dave. If you have Gmail, you can set up a 'Google Alert' for any words you choose. You could set up some alerts that someone trying to sell your specific trailer online might use. You will automatically be emailed if anything on the web with those words shows up. You can call them and arrange a meeting to buy your trailer back-it may even give you some satisfaction to steal it back.

Maybe call whoever in the area is a dealer for King trailers. Tell them your serial number in case whoever stole it needs a part or work done on it and they go through the dealer. Have the dealer watch out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    Maybe call whoever in the area is a dealer for King trailers. Tell them your serial number in case whoever stole it needs a part or work done on it and they go through the dealer. Have the dealer watch out for it.
    That's a great idea. But I do like the steal (recover) your own trailer back idea better.......
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Homerdave, any news on the trailer?

nope, and none likely, quite frankly. fighting with my insurance about value, since it was included and not split out of my survey.... now i have to find a value on a 2006 king trailer...

Good luck finding it, or dealing with the insurance agency, not sure which is worse!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

License plate number?
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Quote Originally Posted by highestview View Post
    License plate number?
    that got stolen this summer....
    just talked to the king dealer today, need a value on the trailer and they will watch for the VIN number.

I just checked my boat appraisal to see of they broke out the value for my trailer and they did not.. though I could at least give to you rough guess. You might give the guys at Alaska Boat Brokers a call, they seemed to know what trailers were worth when I bought my boat. If you have any photos of the trailer post them up and we can keep our eyes open.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sorry to hear about your trailer Dave. I'm hoping to be down for the King Derby next month so if I can help you out please let me know. Good luck getting it resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    how long a window since you seen it last? its Febuary.. not a lot of boat stuffs running around is there? and not a lot of options to get out of town if i recall homer correctly..

also check with the owners along side yours... and see if they agreed to loan theirs to someone.. and guy went in and grabbed wrong one.

if i loaned someone somthing, and he called a few days later.. saying.. er hitch key???? i would have OH SHt.. sorry bud.. cut it off no worry
    This happened to a friend in Whittier, only it was the Feds who took it. They thought he put a padlock and Alaska plates on THEIR trailer so cut the padlock off and put a government plate on and away they went. My friend waited until all the boats/trailers cleared the lot and low and behold, there was one just like his but with government plates. Of course, you know how easy it was convincing them they stole his trailer. After many trips to Whittier to get info on their trailer and back to the Anchorage office (I think it was Fish & Wildlife), he finally convinced them and not so much as a sorry.

Hope you find yours though sounds like you're having fun with the insurance co - almost as arrogant as the brown shirts.